My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

De Cowboy

All the talk about the Trek Cruise a few posts ago, and then the "freeing up" of my binders of pictures of DeForest made me start looking at the pictures I have. (and lord knows I doooooooo have a lot of them!)

I've notice a few readers here liked or watched Star Trek (the originals) and whenever I post something about it they have questions and comments. Because of that I thought I would show some of DeForests career BEFORE Star Trek.

Most especially I want to show his "cowboy years"... I doooooo love "the cowboy" in him lol. Many people don't know that he was a cowboy for a number of years. He was always one of the "bad guys".... hard to believe if you ever watched Trek, he portrayed a cantankerous southern doctor pretty good if you ask me!

I will post the basics of DeForest as a cowboy in two posts... this one will have an article I scanned and then had to cut in half in order for it to be readable. It was his posthumous Golden Boots award for being such a good "bad assed cowboy". I hope you enjoy reading it... the post under this one will hold photos from different cowboy movies he was in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

I have all of Route 66 on VHS, including his episode. It seems to me he was a foreman to a chain gang or something like that. I'll have to go back and look. It was definitely not a "good guy" role.

Karen

7:40 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I never new that he villan, that's cool. You know I remember seing some of those TV series when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of them really. I paid attention to the show, and not the actor's talents back then.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home