My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Harry, Harry, Harry..

St. Patrick's Day was my brother's birthday. Since he loves Harry Potter, and can no longer go to movies I had preordered a copy of the last movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It came a week before his birthday so I was able to give it to him ... Sunday we watched it. (nearly a 3 hr movie)


I like all of the kids in the movies. Amazing to see how much they've grown just from the first movie to this one.

Daniel Radcliffe as Harry must be living a dream life, having found so much fame at such a young age. I hope it doesn't go to their heads too fast ..

Emma Watson as Hermione is turning into a really pretty girl, soon to be lady.

And Rupert Grint as Ron is my personal favorite and is cute as ever! He has the best facial expressions of all of them and usually the comic relief in the Harry Potter movies. I am looking forward to the day I see him in another role other then this one and hope he doesn't get type casted.

The movie is darker then the others and someone even dies in this one. (I don't want to say too much for anyone who hasn't seen it yet that wants to) The special effects were outstanding. Maybe even a bit too much, which i generally don't say, but at times it seemed to distract some from the actors and the story itself.

I'm always glad to see the original cast back, and enjoy new faces as well.

Michael Gamdon was back as Dumbledor, the wizard everyone loves.

So was Alan Rickman, who I think is a really good actor, and enjoy him in other parts as well as portraying the not so nice Professor Snape. (one part i really like him in he plays a meanie also.. in Kevin Costner's version of Robin Hood he is the Sheriff of Nottingham... he does evil really well .. makes you wonder.. but then... i sorta "fell for him" in Sense and Sensibility!)

I hope they never make a Harry Potter movie without Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid! Maybe it's the big teddybear appeal, but I do adore Hagrid!

Ahhh.. and then there's Dame Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagill. Now there's an autograph I would love to get.. but she's really unreachable, especially since the Potter Movies came out. But, she remains one of my all time favorite movie stars, and always will.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bill, the Wildcat said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I've heard some say it's getting tougher to track the story without having read the book first, because there's just so much going on.

I have to admit that the casting for the films does make it more accessible for adults. With people like Alan Rickman in the films, it's hard not to enjoy watching these movies (although I've only seen the first two so far).

10:09 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hi :)

Yes, I have always thought the casting for the "Harry Potter" movies was amazing! I can't remember a series of films done better. I have always enjoyed seeing all the boys & girls dressed as Potter characters each Halloween. i agree with you about Maggie Smith, she is a fabulous actress.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Wenda said...

Thanks for the preview. I haven't had any ads since I activated word verification, but I know some find it a nuisance.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous strandi said...

he actually is in another movie! it's called "driving lessons" and he co-stars with his mother-from-the-potter-movies julie walters. i enjoyed it a lot and i think he is the most brilliant actor from the 3 protagonists

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home