My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Meerly for fun..

Well, Astaryth informed me of the Third actor to pass away... Darren McGavin. I remember him in many things, but the one thing that jumped right into my head was an old televisions show he did called Riverboat. I found the picture on the web... It's funny really, because I remembered Darren but forgot that Burt Reynolds was in it too! heh.. heck.. must be getting old. (duh)


Riverboat 9/13/1959 - 1/16/1961 NBC
Riverboat Cast....
Burt Reynolds as Ben Frazer

Darren McGavin as Captain Grey Holden
Noah Beery Jr. as Bill Blake
William D. Gordon as Travis

I guess that shows my age! Geez Maurice! Ok.. so that's the "magic" THREE actors who passed away.. I hope it's the end for a while!

I've got Meers on the brain now so here's a little animation I made... MEERly for fun!....


4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

I think McGavin was the same day as Don Knotts, give or take. Riverboat was before my time, but he was great in Kolchak: The Night Stalker, in a Disney movie the name of which I've forgotten, where he's a thief befriended by kids, and of course in A Christmas Story. "Notafinguh!"

Karen

7:11 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

ROFL! Too cute!

I have never heard of that show. Is it perhaps on dvd? I'm a big fan of older shows and I rent them on DVD and it's always MORE fun than the show's on now.

1:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Virenda: I don't keep up with shows put out on dvd so i really don't know..

One show I wish they would put out though is Beauty and the Beast, that starred Ron Perlman.. some really good shows don't seem to make it to dvd.

12:06 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

I loved this on reruns. My sister's father-in-law played in the movie "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds. Sonny Shroyer, he's a really nice man, he's got lots of pictures of Burt Reynolds on his wall.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home