My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Day before Easter Bunny Day..

This morning as I sat here brushing my hair I got to thinking that every year when Easter comes around I can't help but go back in time to when I was a kid and watched cartoons (well.. more cartoons then i do now!). One of the regulars on television back then was Bugs Bunny. I can still remember part of this one particular cartoon.. it was Bugs and he had to take the place of the Easter Bunny and deliver all the colored eggs. He wasn't "thrilled" to do the job.. as he walked down the street with the basket of eggs he's singing (in a not so thrilled voice) "I'm the happy Easter Bunny...hooray. The happy Easter Bunny...hooray"... hahaha he was one ticked off Bunny! Every year I hear him singing that song in my head!! Wouldn't you think after enough years it would go away ??? sheesh.

Why is it we remember things we don't need to and forget things we want to remember? Duh. Like, I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember the name of a movie to let someone know they might enjoy it.. do you think I can remember the name? Noooooooooooooooo! Do you think I can come up with the name of someone in it so I can look in IMDB? Nooooooooooooooooo! All I can remember is the movie is about 7-9 yrs ago.. it was about a gay man who is a writer or painter (can't remember!) and a woman who is in his life for many years. The woman loves him but he tries to get her to fall in love with anyone but him (since he's gay).. eventually she marries..but always remains in love with him. Off and on they even live together.. at the end when he is dying he admits that he loves her. It was a great movie, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.. I think (not sure) that it was based on a real life person and the name of the movie was a mans first and last name.. again.. i'm not sure!!... man.. this getting old and the memory slipping is the pitts!!! If I could remember a name of one of the actors i could find it at IMDb, because I know I'd recognize the name as soon as I see it.. Unfortunately I doubt anyone who reads this journal would know it.. When DeForest was alive he'd give me all these movies to watch around Oscar time.. but many were only limited release and so were not really in contention, but each studio sent copies of every movie they released that year. So this is one of those that never got mentioned but was a really well done story. Worst part of all of this is that I know I watched that movie more then once!!! Talk about frustration!!

Well.. tomorrow is "Easter Bunny Day" so I hope anyone with children around is ready for colored eggs and chocolate. (I wouldn't mind some of the chocolate heh..) I wonder if the movie "The Easter Parade" will be on television any time this weekend?? Have to love Judy Garland and Fred Astaire.. Judy sure put out some movies that have stood the test of time.

Ok.. that said I'll leave you with a bunny photo so you don't forget to hard boil some eggs today! *grin* Have a good day and a great Easter!

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home