My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Guess Who....

HI!! I thought I'd try something a little different...


I was looking thru one of my binders with pictures in them..(not all are autographs). I was looking at some and found myself smiling and suddenly I wondered... how many people would recognize who these people are besides me???? Hmmmmmm.

So I am going to post four photo's, and put out a challenge to see how many of the four (actually, there are 5 ) you can name... I do realize that most of you have no idea who these folks are unless you are.. ummm... "mature"... heh. Or.. you really are into old black and white movies.

Now... one of the pictures has two people in it.. try to name both if you can. One is a bit more popular and you might know who he is.. the other wasn't quite as popular but in reality was in many many movies/ television.

I will also say that there is one photo that many will NOT recognize...but nearly everyone out there should know his name because not only did he do movies but he became most famous for doing a voice of a cartoon character that became so popular you all know the name.... but maybe not the name of the man who's voice you will never forget.

Ok here we go.. here are the pictures.. If you know the names, or even just one or two of them leave it in comments... i'm really curious to see how many of them are recognized!!!....


I will post the names tomorrow.. so I hope you guess today!!!...I so totally enjoyed each one of these people. Maybe no one notices this but I did .. long ago... back when the studios owned the actors, and even after that, there seemed to be a lot more emphasis on the acting ability than there was on "looks". Not ever female was gorgeous and thin and not every man was dashingly handsome. Many character actors became as well known as the leading man or woman.

Look where it's led to... every female getting plastic surgeries and becoming Anorexic (?) so they are thin enough, just to compete for parts, how sad is that. If you had told Marjorie Mane (Ma and Pa Kettle) that she needed to loose weight for a part... she probably would have told you off! And many woman like Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe did quite nicely without being a size 2! I think it's time for the casting people to go back to the way it used to be.. at least choose the best actor or actress.. not how pretty or handsome they are, but the one that will put the story across best... Ah well.. maybe someday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Fun game, DesLily! They all look vaguely familiar, especially the two on top, but I haven't a clue on names. This is REALLY fun, though--you should make it a regular feature!

Look at the cleft in the chin on the man in the upper right! (Speaking of surgery, people pay a lot of money to get a chin like that these days...) Very "Dudley Do-right"!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

It always freaks me out a little to see Sterling Holloway at different ages. Sometimes he doesn't look at that distinctive - but there's no forgetting that voice!

The first guy looks really familiar, and the second remind me of Fess Paker, but I'm sure it's not. I don'tknow tge guy next to Gabby Hayes.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

please excuse the typos! :(

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» »

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home