My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Boys will be Boys..

To say I saved the best for last would be untrue, for DeForest had multitudes of stories to tell.. I hope you've enjoyed the last few posts, and even more, the stories from an actor that I still believe never had the script he always wanted. De often talked of a movie he'd like to do if a good script ever came along. He wanted it to be a movie about an old man recalling his life when he was young.. and it included ballroom dancing. He'd laugh and say that he could play the old man, but for the scenes of the young version of him they'd have to find some "nice, young, southern guy".

He always called himself, the "laziest actor in Hollywood", and he stood by it!

Here is the last post (for now) of DeForest during his cowboy years....

This one concerns his multiple times that he appeared on Bonanza which aired 1959-1973 (before reruns). The show starred: Lorne Greene, Pernell Roberts, Dan Blocker and Michel Landon

De recalls Bonanza, and most especially, Dan Blocker

Once again he begins to tell the story of working on the Bonanza sets...

Bonanza.....

Dan Blocker, you know, with the big hat? He used to be a great practical jokester, and we were doing a scene in one of the Bonanza’s that I did, I’ve forgotten which one. One of them, I killed a bunch of Indians I know, and they were chasing me all over the valley... Anyhow, one day we were on the set and Dan has this big hat. So we weredoing this scene together and Dan had a little transistor radio and he stuck it on under his hat and had it turned on very low.

We’d go out to do the scene and the sound boom was right above our heads. We started to do the scene, the soundman would say, “Cut! Cut! Cut! We’re getting some outside interference.

Dan and I would just step out and the soundman would say, “Okay, it’s all clear, let’s do it again.”

Start again, the guy said, “Cut! Cut!” We did that about 8 or 10 times. Finally Dan took his hat off and there was the radio.

Below are photos that I took from the television.. don't expect anything great, but you'll get the idea. The first Bonanza episode was called "The Honor of Cochise"



This second one is entitled: The Decision.


2 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

I always enjoyed Dan Blocker on Bonanza. He was wonderful comic relief. I was so sad when he passed away. I had a teacher who looked just like him, who was also a favorite of mine. There is nothing like having a jokster around to keep things lighthearted and fun. :) I have really ejoyed these entries. It's so great to come by here. :) Thanks for sharing with us darlin!

3:30 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

You have done such a great job! Oh yes who could ever forget Bonanza I love the dad, always so smart, in such control...what a fox! They were all Greats weren't they?
Have a great day Kiddo!
TJ

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home