My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Black and White, or Color?

So, as I looked around today in journals I read a few talking about using paint programs... so.. of course I had to do something so I could tell you how easy it is to do!

I love black and white photo's, but now and then I wonder if i'd like it in color also... if you play in paint programs at all you know how easy it is to take a color photo and make it black and white.. virtually it's all of one click! Ok ok, two.. "colors" and "grey scale" and bingo.. your color photo is black and white.

The reverse however takes a little more time, .. but "time" is the only hard thing about it. All you need to use is two things: The lasso tool for out lining, set at "point to point" (which means you click as you go along so you can move more easily.) and "colorize". In colorize which brings up a box you have two slides. .. one will show you hues of colors and the other is the saturation . (how bright or dark).. so all you do is outline an area of the photo (lasso tool) and then choose colorize and pic the color and tone that you want it. Then repeat the process throughout the picture until you have colored it all in! (sorta like staying in the lines of a coloring book.. and I know everyone colored when they were young!.. geez, Crayola was even around when I was a kid!!)

So here are a few groups of pictures I did showing you how to colorize a black and white photo.. (yeah yeah, it's DeForest again!.. gimme a break I just used this picture so it was in my folder.. and convenient!)

Here goes...

This was a "quickie" to show how it's done.. (not that it took only 5 minutes, it did take some time).. if this were something of importance I could have spent a number more hours on it getting it as near perfect as possible. But it not.. so i didn't , heh..

Colorizing works well on photos because the shading is already there for you, were you to outline and area and choose a color to put in it and it was a solid white the color you would get would be solid also.

It's something in paint programs that's done easily, but some don't even know it exists so I thought I'd talk about it and give examples.. I hope you like it!! If so.. try one yourself!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous julie said...

Wow, that's a lot of work!

Well, my blog is back! Feline Friday is up already, too! I have to catch up on a lot of work tomorrow, so I thought I'd post while it was on my brain.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

I didn't even know that was possible. Thanx for the tip!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home