My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Round Robin

Today's Round Robin relates to FLOWER POWER...

For this entry I decided on two types of "flower power".

The first picture shows the power of a Dahlia flower .. it's power? Well in this instance it made one, about 18 month old, child quite happy! He sniffed and sniffed and then went around making everyone else sniff! Each time someone would sniff, the child would laugh... that's some kind of power!

(that child is my son.. now 40 yrs old!)

The second picture shows a different sort of "flower power"... the power to go from a flower to a fruit!... Not long ago our little pear tree was loaded with blossoms... and now... it's loaded with fruit!! I think that's a pretty powerful thing for a flower to do, don't you?!

7 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Beautiful, Beautiful pictures! Love those pears...What kind are they?

Thanks so much for your participation in the "Virtual" Party! So glad you could help in making this a MOST Memorable Birthday!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Very cool interpretation: flowers to fruit...

Neat.

1:18 AM  
Blogger V said...

I love the Pic of your son. My son had an outfit like that, probably about the same time!
V

7:24 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

You have a pear tree? I am envying yours and Chelle's yards so much right now.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous julie said...

Awww... I really like the picture of your son. And am so glad you got fruit to grow. We got some shriveled things that looked like they might have been peaches if we'd have had more rain.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

What a sweet picture and story about your son! And yes, flowers-to-fruit is truly one of nature's miracles -- great shot!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hey :)

You made me smile with this entry! I love how you showed that from the flower blossoms comes the fruit. Perfection!

Always, Carly :)

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home