My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Steven~!!!!

OMG!!! I cannot begin to thank Steven over at (Sometimes)Photoblog for finally figuring out my horror at how many of my photo's would appear in my journal!

They always looked fine in PSP and even if I "viewed" them once uploaded onto my aol space..but put them in my journal (even the one on blogspot) and yuck! To me they looked like someone went around the picture and "smudged" areas..

I've asked before about this and everyone seemed to think the pictures were fine... but they weren't "to me!" Other's photos appeared the same to me too.. not every photo though, so I was really confused about it all.

Well..(big kudos!) big hugs go out to Steven from me!!! (duck Steven, ya don't really wanna be hugged by and old fart..heh) And I'm going to share the "instructions" here, just in case, anyone else on AOL has noticed that their photo's don't quite look the same once they are in their journal as they did looking at them in some paint program.

Here we go:

1. Once in AOL click on the icon at the top of your screen for "Settings".

2. It brings up a screen with 2 tabs: click "index"

3. That brings up a screen of things in Alphabetical order. Look under the letter "I", and click "internet web options".

4. Look under "Web Graphics" and click to choose "never compress graphics"...

5. Then click Save

I am so happy the pictures look so good that I am going to post two more Kitty pictures of them sleeping! lol... One is Peanutchew and BooBoo and the other is of Winkey.

Thank you Steven!!! The Kitties looks Sooooooooo much better!!!


6 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I do all my Blogstuff in Internet Explorer so I havcen't had that problem...Thank the Lord!

Darling pictures! I'm posting Cat pictures tomorrow!

Yes, I am having a Party Party--Three dimensional style--on July 1st!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Your right, the pictures do look better. I have to say though, that your previous pictures to look fine to me too though.

5:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Charles... I think it mainly effects those of us on dialup.. and since i changed the setting we won't discuss that it takes even LONGER for me to load the journals that i visit!! *groan* but i hated soooo much the way they looked when i knew they looked so much better before i put them in the journal.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Yay! me :-)
Now that you know what's up you can turn compressed graphics on or off. The setting does make images smaller in file size at the expense of image quality. Basically instead of millions of colors in an image compressed graphics is only 256 colors to an image. Makes photos look a bit odd.

Glad to help :-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks so much DesLily for the Virthday wish...Going to be posting tha wonderful "Party" picture of Sweetie...later on tonight!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Yep...

Steven ROCKS! Isn't it fun having him around? :) I always loved your photos, hmmm, I should go and check out what setting I have. :)

Love the kitties, that is exactly how my baby Elvis sleeps, upside down. Doesn't look comfortable, but my goodness is it ever cute!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home