My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Arlo

On my duplicate journal over at blogspot I have two small lists which i can't put in this journal. One lists Birthdays on this date. The other some Historical events.

So, I noticed it was Arlo Guthrie's Birthday today. Now, I can't call myself an actual "fan" of Arlo's, meaning I haven't followed his career in many years, but seeing it was his birthday I did remember that I had 2 photo's from Arlo's wedding. I am admitting here that i found them on the web. The reason I saved them is: 1- my brother designed and made their wedding outfits, and 2- in one photo.. in the background.. you can see my brother! (a very young brother, but he's there all the same lol)

(Jackie and Arlo on their wedding day... see the smiling man in the background? That would be my brother.)

The photo below only shows the back of the wedding outfits, but I never could find any decent pictures of the front view.

For those who don't know who Arlo is... his most famous song was Alice's Restaurant,

but my favorite old song of his was his Motorcycle Song.

I don't wanna pickle..

I just wanna ride my motor-cycle.

And I don't wanna die..

I just wanna ride my motor-cy-cle.

I think I got stuck singing it in my head all the time because back then I did drive a 360 Honda Motorcycle.

Here's a young and now photo of Arlo.. I guess once a "hippie" always a "hippie" ...heh

Arlo is 59 today... sheesh... another reminder of age.. just what I needed. (not)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

And Arthur Ashe. I'll never forget the oral presentation i had to do on Arthur Ashe back in 6th grade. I waited until the night before to do the research and sweat bullets for the entire 4 minutes i was up there speaking.

p.s. - what'd i say to deserve the "smarty pants" (though it's not the first time i've been called that. lol. Just wondering how you found me out).

2:50 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Such a talented man, and of course, his father, too!! Indeed!
Wonderful outfits!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home