My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Book Meme...

Ohhhh, I found a cool meme over at Here In The Hills and decided to give it a try myself....

One book that changed my life . . . I'm not certain of any life altering book I've read, but I might say JRR Tolkien's book the Hobbit, because it was the first Fantasy book I ever read when I was still in High School and I think it really opened my imagination to a higher level, and for that I am profoundly glad.

One book that I've read more than once . . . "ONE Book?"..heh..I've read all my "favorites" more then once! Most are series of books by: Anne McCaffrey, David Eddings, Stephen Donaldson, JRR Tolkien, Margaret Weis, Terry Brooks and more.

One book I'd want on a desert island ....Hmm, well I can say with pretty much certainty that it wouldn't be a cook book! Quite possibly a survival book would work, heh.

One book that made me laugh . . ."Chekov's Enterprise" by Walter Koenig. It's his recollections of being on the movie set during the making of "Star Trek:The Motion Picture". I never knew he had such a great sense of humor, I laughed a lot!

One book that made me cry . . . I'm trying to think of a published book that made me cry. The "story" I wrote was emotionally close for me and I cried a number of times while writing it..and I don't pick up books that I KNOW will be sad, but I do cry when characters I have grown to like die in a story for any reason, so I can't name just one book.

One book I wish I'd written . . . that would be easy: the Harry Potter books! Not only do I love the books, but I'd be so rich I could help many of my relatives and friends have a good life.

One book I wish had never been written . . . that's a hard one. I can't say I've ever read a book so horrible that I could say it should never have been written. After all, that's a matter of taste.

One book I'm currently reading . . . Just yesterday I finished a book and am intending on beginning a book of short novels called Legends II, written by 5 Fantasy Fiction writers.

One book I've been meaning to read . . . Sean Astin's book "There and Back Again"

So that's the "Book Meme"! I liked this one. If you like it you may want to do one yourself. If so I hope you post a comment with your address so I can see what books mean something to you too!!

3 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Very interesting list. Wasn't this fun to do, Pat? I enjoyed your list very much. This does say a lot about people I think....I mean about their interests and such. Good Meme!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

I would do this, but I don't have a lot of books, but like you I enjoyed everyone that I have read.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Bill, the Wildcat said...

Definitely a good list! Your fantasy roots definitely showing (as if I can throw stones!). hehe I'm impressed that you've actually reread so many books. I've not been as good about that. And yes... don't we ALL wish we'd written Harry Potter (for the money!).

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home