My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Feline Friday

Well, well here we are at Feline Friday once again! But I don't know if Steven is back or who will be hosting this week!

I decided that since I found some old pictures of my kitty Pookey, who has long since gone to kitty heaven, that I would post them because no matter how long she's been gone I still think of her and miss her. She was a very unusual kitty... I don't think she knew she was a cat! She never jumped up on anything.. not even the sofa or bed, and she never clawed anything even though she could have easily.

If i indicated I wanted her on the sofa with me she'd try to "climb up" instead of jumping.. the same on the bed. Eventually I made small stairs for her to get up on both! Needless to say I never had to worry about the cat knocking things off of end tables or coffee tables etc. She was definitely the greatest kitty ever!!! (though I love all the cats in this house, not one comes close to being a "Pookey Kitty" lol)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Pookey was beautiful. Cats can be great to look at but they're not my favorite to own. Sneaky little critters. Pookey's eyes are trippin' me out. You should get her face tatooed on your arm. (JUST KIDDING).

By the way, why does your entry start so far towards the bottom of the page?

5:33 PM  
Anonymous julie said...

Steven is back in town, according to his blog.

Awww, Pookey must have been a sweetie. It's evident from the pictures.

Midnight deigned to pose for this week's picture: http://www.barrettmanor.com/julie/archive.aspx?ID=1169

8:31 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

What a dear dear Kitty...Such a great face, Pat....I can see why she was so special, besides the fact that she never jumped up on anything....
Sweetie doesn't jump up on tables or anything like that...he does come up on the bed and on the furniture, wgich I LOVE...
Cats. They are the very very best!

5:51 AM  
Blogger TropicRedbird said...

Oh Pat .. Pookey Kitty is OMG GORGEOUS!!! Great snapshots!
Valorie

http://journals.aol.com/redbird914/yakittyak/entries/2006/08/11/feline-friday---once-upon-a-time-.-.-./633

8:53 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

cute cat, and self disaplined. Must have been human in a previous life. I like the spot in the middle of Pookey's face and nose.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home