My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Monday Photo Shoot...

It would seem that while John is on vacation Joe from Magic Smoke is "guest hosting" the Monday Photo Shoot.

Joe came up with the idea of "Me and My Camera"... Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a photo that shows you with your camera. A mirror or other reflective surface would probably help here.
Also, tell us a little about your camera, and how you use it. (This isn't a sneaky marketing survey, incidentally.)


Since I have two camera's I decided to try using my little Fuji digital with a timer on it to take my picture with my old Canon T-50 with the zoom lens, which I love beyond even the new digital technology.

Yeah, yeah.. it's old, but so am I !

It still needs film and developing but I've used this camera for what seems like EONS! It's taken more pictures then I care to think about.. and it even became what dear DeForest affectionately referred to as: My left arm. (Re: if there was a convention, and HE was the guest on stage, my camera would take at least 2 or 3 rolls of film in the hour he was there)

I would get much of his humor tossed out in the audience at me and my Canon.. "Don't you have enough photo's of me?"... "I keep my own photographer in the audience, her name is Pat." ... "Wait, I have to pose for Pat's camera... hurry up will you!".. heh..what can I say? I did take as many as he protested I took!

So my Canon has a special place in my heart... and a damn good zoom lens (300)!! All of that and all I had to do was point, focus and shoot.. much simpler then the million settings for the new camera's... it was meant for someone technically challenged like me!


4 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Seems to me that the older stuff is usually the most reliable and dependable. Which is why we're so comfortable with them. Just ask my favorite pair of boots................from 1999!!!!!!!!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

we'll see how happy it makes us. I'd be lying if i said I didn't still have a reservation or two or three. So wish me luck and wave my independence good-bye.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Fabulous camera...FABULOUS LADY! Wonderful darlin! :)

2:06 AM  
Blogger Dorn said...

Hahahahaha!
Silly Deslily!

(oh dang, another word verification test!)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home