My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Moon Above...The Earth Below

Wow, two pieces of Nasa news that's exciting!

First is the shuttle launch that got delayed from the storm.. due to take off on Wednesday Sept 6th.

Nasa has reset the flight of the Shuttle Atlantis.. it looks like they will be busy little beavers!

The second piece of news concerns our return to the moon!

NASA has selected Lockheed Martin Corp. as the prime contractor to design, develop, and build Orion, America's spacecraft for a new generation of explorers.

The Orion crew capsule will carry astronauts back to the moon and later to Mars. The first flight with astronauts aboard is planned for no later than 2014. Orion's first flight to the moon is planned for no later than 2020.

In a way it looks like we are going backwards in the looks of it. But .. hey, as long as it does all they want it to and it works without problems, I won't complain!! I just hope I'm still around to see our return to the moon. I certainly will never forget the other walks on the moon!! I wish we had returned long before the date we are given now, and never will understand such a long wait. (yes, there are many valid reasons, but we still could have been much further along if you ask me!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

I have my doubts about us actually going to the moon. I would LOVE it, but when a new administration comes in, they start talking about wasting the money when people are in poverty and all that.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I agree with Jeff, our government can't make up its mind.

In any case, I have seen cars that looked more advanced than that thing. Bring back the Shuttle. Bring back the Shuttle.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think the shuttle has been fine as an "orbiter" but if we are ever going to accomplish manned travel to other planets, it will require something like Orion.

Chris
My Blog

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home