My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

OMG!

The impossible has happened! Chekov (Walter Koenig) has turned 70!!!

Spock: Fascinating

McCoy: Medically Immpossible.

Kirk: He can still read his Tricorder can't he?

Sulu: It must be a planet disease, it can't be true.

Uhura: What?! Not my little Chekov Baby?

Yep.. The Birthday boy turned 70 today! It doesn't seem possible! Not baby faced Walter! He's ageless!!!

Walter was always a good guy when he was with the Star Trek Crew, but eventually he had a chance to show his other side when he turned "bad"and joined the Babylon 5 show.

Over many years I saw Walter at more conventions then I can remember. The photo below is my favorite picture I took of him. You can see by what he wrote that we had met several times before.. heh. (if you can't read it, it says: "we've got to stop meeting like this") That all came about because when I got to him in the autograph line he laughed and said, "you can't possibly want another autograph!"

But the next photo is the one I love the mostest! I didn't take it.. obviously. It's of me and Walter.............. eons ago! Look! Neither of us have gray hair!!

The last time I saw Walter was about a year ago at an autograph show here in New Jersey. Needless to say he remembered me, and also remembered I wasfriends with DeForest. We chatted about De and the (then) recent passing of Carolyn, De's wife.

I was happy to read that Walter seems to have no intentions of retiring. This is what I found is still happened for Walter:

Bone Eater (2007) (TV) (filming) .... Coroner
Star Trek: Of Gods and Men (2006) (V) (post-production) .... Chekov

Walter and the others of Trek will always have a special place in my heart, so...

Happy, Happy Birthday Walter!!.. (live long and prosper!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

McCoy: Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor not a chronometer!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i think the only comparison i can make to your love for Star Trek is my love for football and the chicago Bears (and writing of course).

It's so obvious when you're writing, you sound like a little kid talking about Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. It's fun to read.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

LOL @ Jeff's comment.


He doesn't look 70 at all. Wow

What is Star Trek: Of Gods and Men? I hadn't heard anything about it. For the record, I never heard of Bone Eater either. Sounds kind of Gruesome.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeeze.....have you hung out with ALL of the Star Trek dudes?

ha ha

Chris
My Blog

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home