My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Monday Photo Shoot

Well, Mr Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot is to show your creative side.

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Things You Made

This week for the Photo Shoot, it's time to show off!
Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of something you've made. Pottery, cookies, a drawing or painting, a poem or a pipe cleaner stick man -- it's all good, it just has to have been made by you. Show off your creativity
.


I can't say i've done a whole lot of creative things of late, but I'll put up some attempts I made about 3 yrs ago at "computer art". I attempted the drawings for a story I've written, which anyone who's been to my journal for any time knows is called Kesterwood Forest.

I was on a roll when I played around in Paint Shop Pro and PhotoImpact when I made these. If I tried to match them now I wouldn't have the slightest idea how I did them! I think the old adige is: "use it or loose it". For those who's minds didn't rush right to the gutter I was talking about how I made the pictures!


This first drawing is of Abbercorn... a main character in the book. Abbercorn's "persona" is that of a kind and gentle being. A father figure, mentor and much more. I hope I captured that in this drawing. He comes from a world I wish I could be in.

This second is of Lilith, probably the "main character". I gave her many of my own feelings so that I was sure I could write her reactions to any given situation as real as if it were myself. She came from living on the streets, and found herself at Abbercorn's doorstep.

Meet Travis. Another person trying to overcome his feelings. He is stronger then even he knows.

This is Hetford. The "wolf man" as he's called. Raised in the woods by.. you guessed it!.. wolves. Befriended by Abbercorn, he has learned to deal with humans, but always favors his wolf pack.

B'Lena is a woman living on an island in the swamps. A person, once of a good heart and gentle being, she is shunned and thought of as a witch.

Lastly, (but not the last of my characters) there is Firestorm. A dragon (duh). A very old dragon living well beyond his years.

I hope the drawings fit the characters. I'm no artist, and know they could be done better, but hey.. this is MY version! lol

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mike said...

wow, nice artwork. Wish I had the talent to do stuff like that. Good job.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

wow, nice artwork. Wish I had the talent to do stuff like that. Good job.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Actually... I haven't read your story - but I guess now I'm going to have to. BUT ... I think your drawings are probably just PERFECT for your story -- because YOU did them! (and you are INCREDIBLY talented!) WOW! And of course, I especially love Firestorm! But I think all the people are incredibly done too! I MIGHT could replicate something close to Firestorm -- NOT on the computer - but with a pencil... but I could NEVER come close to any of your people! I can so NOT make realistic looking people! All my people look like ... Ziggy! LOL! GREAT share DesLily!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Grandpa? Is that you?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Deslily! You are amazingly talented!!! I can see the personalities in each of those pictures. Their eyes speak volumes. Lilith looks a bit like you =)

So where is this book???

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Deana said...

Those are great! Plus I love your animation below. You have a lot of nice things going on here.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home