My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Round Robin

It's the Round Robin Challenge Time!!

Since it was my turn to choose the topic I figured I'd better have a bevy of stuff! (how lucky are you?!) This challenge is called "The Creative Side Of You"

The sky is the limit with this challenge Robins! Let your imaginations go wild! Show off your creative side, by posting photos of anything you have created from scratch. Do you have a favorite recipe? Cook it...then photograph it...then post it! Like to knit or crochet? Show off your finest comfy creation. Do you like to put your favorite photos onto mugs, T-shirts, or bumper stickers? Take a picture and share it with us! Like to sketch or paint? That counts, so does homemade pottery or flower gardens, or anything you design or create, and make come true yourself!

If you choose to play along just go to the Round Robin site and follow the rules of play!

Ok, here goes nothing!..........

The first picture shows that I know how to use a drill and screwdriver, when I made my coffee table! (no scars from that event!)

I had also made a corner table with shelves, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of that. I would draw up what i wanted, make measurements and then head to a Home Depot and pick out the wood and get it cut to size to bring home.

That went so well I tried again and made this "room divider" from split rail fencing. (once again I survived unscathed!)

When I did these things I found that I really enjoyed making them, and if I had more room I know I would have tackled other items. I did want to make a table to eat at but didn't have a car thatwould carry long enough pieces of wood. There's something about "rough made furniture" that appeals to me. You don't care if scratches or dents happen to them because it just builds "character" in the furniture.

Being an old fartsy female I do some of the old fartsy female stuff like crocheting...

the next is what is done when you have a lot of colors but not enough to make anything with....

Long long ago I would pencil draw now and then... The show Hercules came on starring Kevin Sorbo, and like wow!.. I had to try sketching da hunk himself.. (1995)

Lastly, I tried my hand at what I fondly call computer art... I'd scan a really bad sketch (trust me it looked nothing like Kevin's sketch!) and then manipulate and color using the tools in Paint shop Pro and PhotoImpact.

I've shown other drawings but these two are of Maggie Smith, who is an all time favorite of mine, and Alan Rickmen, who I also adore. Maybe I wound up doing these two because of them both being in Harry Potter, dang if I can remember!

So .. that's all folks! Remember if you want to play leave a link at the Round Robin Challenge site so we can all see!

18 Comments:

Blogger Skittles said...

You already know how much I love your artwork. The afghans are lovely, too. But I ma truly impressed with the table & divider!!!

8:10 AM  
Blogger R's Musings said...

Wow, Pat! What awesome artwork! Do I qualify for an "old fartsy female"...I've posted a photo of the baby afghan I crocheted for my daughter years ago...lol I've also got some old leftover yarn. Good idea! And thanks for suggesting this photo challenge. I really enjoyed it!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Teena said...

I'm sooooo jealous!

You build furniture! You crochet (I'm a knitter ... crochetting makes me cranky!). You draw!

Mine's up :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

You have some very diverse talents. All of them are very good also. Good job on the woodwork. And the artwork also.

12:00 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderfully creative things Pat....Those sketches are rfeally terrific and the coffe table is amazing! And chrocheting, too! Fabulous!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

Cool! I like the coffee table and the Kevin Sorbo a lot. I couldn't begin to do any of the things you've done here, and done well!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

wow, you are a talented woman.

Here from wendy's

3:33 PM  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

Wow, fantastic creativity, Pat, especially with the furniture-building! I have always liked Alan Rickman, too -- I think that's my favorite sketch of the ones you posted. Great subject for the RR Challenge!

3:37 PM  
Blogger MariesImages said...

Beautiful....., I love the woodwork. You are so talented & probably very handy around the house too!!!
; )
Marie

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

To create . . . what's that like. I write, but pictures of a document is counter-intuitive. ;)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Pat...

darlin I am stunned! That is a gorgeous coffee table! And of course the pictures are so creative and fun. The crochet work is just lovely, and it looks so warm and comfy. Lovely entry and challenge my dear... start to finish! :)

Hugs, Carly

6:09 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Hey Pat...Just got to Domestic Goddess because of WEndy's Auditions!! I was sent there, so I told her your problem...and said you would like her to either visit your blog or email you....!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

You're a talented lady! Course I really like the picture of Mr. Rickman (my other blog is www.fondofsnape.com LOL)!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Wild! Like the table and the divider. You have many talents :-)

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Sassy said...

Wow Pat--you are so talented in so many areas! Thanks for choosing a great topic. I love that coffee table you made and tend to go for old fartsy female afgans.LOL!How resourceful to use up all the colors and pretty too. Your art work is very original and great too. Well done! Blessings, Sassy

5:27 PM  
Anonymous julie said...

Don't even get me near woodworking materials. Or a crochet hook, for that matter. Damage WILL ensue. Great work, and thanks for the challenge!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Oh wow ! that's a lot of creativity ! Enjoyed all very much. Thanks for the comments on my "Robins" it was the first time !

3:31 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh wow! You have made some GREAT stuff! I love the room divider! I need to have hubby make one of those for Krysti's saddle! Never thought of that! I just bought some yarn to make an afghan -- I haven't crocheted since I quit smoking -- which was 14 years ago! LOL! (I crocheted to keep my hands busy when I first quit!)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home