My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve has arrived!....


I got to thinking of when my boys were little, I can still see them climbing down the stairs to the sight of the Christmas tree and all the presents under it. Their little eyes were nearly bugging out of their heads and the squeals of delight passed their lips before they even got all the way down the stairs!

They were no longer the age that we could whisk them quickly past the tree and into the kitchen to have some coffee and breakfast before all the present opening. In those days I had to practically get up the middle of the night to make coffee for my husband and I to sip on while the kids tore through the presents!

I can't remember which Christmas it was, but I do remember one year when, nearly every hour on the hour all night long my son George would quietly come into our room and ask me if he could go downstairs yet. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep that year!

It became an anti-climax years later when they became teens and then it was our turn to wait for them to wake up after a night of partying! Quite a contrast!

Those were days that I will always remember.

So, as those with children get run ragged during this time, and even get to the point of wishing it was over... just remember what you are actually doing. You're building memories that will stay with you forever. No matter how life treats you along the way to getting old.. they will be there for you to pull up and make you smile once again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Memories are nice to have. Merry Christmas :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger ian said...

I find the actual presents-opening the most fun part of Christmastime. I hate that I'm the only one who bothers to wrap presents and carry them to and from the car and shuttle everyone around and clean up afterward. I give so much of myself during this time of year, but it's worth it when I see my children smiling and laughing at some trinket I picked out on a whim.

Merry Christmas, Deslily!

Ian

2:55 PM  
Anonymous deslily said...

Merry Christmas Ian!.. those memories will mean a lot more as you grow older, trust me on this one!

2:59 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Sweet Memories of Christmas' Past...
A Very Very Merry Christmas to you Pat...
And, about that picture on my blog? I "stole" that off of Google Images..so, whoever did it wasn't me. (lol)

9:11 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I love that we're still in the early years of Christmas with out kids. My daughter is old enough now to really enjoy it, though my son is still a little young. But they both look forward to Santa visiting.

Merry Christmas Deslily.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home