My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mumbles...

** 5 days 'til Christmas!**


Well, another job done for a while. Sometimes I hate backing up to CD, but I sure know when I need them I'll be glad I did!! I do this about every 6 weeks. It takes me about an hour and a half, and I'm always glad when it's done!

Can you believe it's only 5 days until Christmas? New Jersey is having some days in the 40's now but it still doesn't seem like Christmas is so close without even one snow flake in the air, or even due by then.

I was in the web the other day and saw a trailer for the next Harry Potter movie that is due out next July. (I hate the wait!) It wasn't much of a trailer, but I always look forward to them.

Which made me wonder when the last of the Harry Potter book will come out? I don't think I've even seen anywhere to "pre-order" for when it does get released. The "gossip" is saying July 7th. This is all due to the fact that the book is being called Harry Potter 7 (for now). So everyone is guessing the release will come on 07/07'07, but it's only a guess. (I did mention I hate waiting didn't I?)

I'm not even sure I should look forward to the book since Rowlings let it be known that more than one will get killed off. That's pretty sad. I guess I'll have to keep a box of tissues close by when I read that one!

I'm also waiting for the second book of Stephen R Donaldsons to come out... it will be called "Fatal Revenant" (book 2 of The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant), the last I heard it's not due out until October 2007. *sigh*

Can you tell my mind is straying today?.. movies, books... what next?

Since I am not focusing very well I think I'll just make this short and say that I hope you have a good day and take a moment to enjoy the little animation above....


10 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

I guess I am going to have to buckle down and read one of them Potter books!

12:14 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I've heard Rowling comment on killing off more characters. I wonder why she chooses to do that. Honestly, I think some of choices she has made in the last few books were unnecessary, but that's just me.

I don't think you have to leave the reader miserable to have created something worthwhile.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous deslily said...

hey Jeff.. all I can say is "i liked them" lol.. If you decide to read them I think you'll enjoy them.. if you like fantasty fiction that is.

Sqt: Yeah, no kidding! I got real down when I read one article that said she was killing of "certain characters" so that no one else could ever write about them... Now, I wrote a little something and I know I am very protective of my characters.. however.. she is now richer than the queen, I think she can afford to go after someone if they sold any of her characters! Gimme a break already!

Of course it's her's to do with what she will.. but I find myself wondering if since all her fame and fortune if maybe she isn't writing "differently" then she once did, because her own circumstances have changed so much?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Only 5 days to go? Blink and it will all be over!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous deslily said...

Jean luc... at my age I only have to blink ONE EYE!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I am SO far behind on the Harry Potter books! I've only finished 4. I haven't even BOUGHT 6... and 5 is in my pile of waiting to be reads! I don't think it will hurt my feelings if she doesn't get that last one out on time! But I'll cross my fingers ANYway -- for YOUR sake!

8:23 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Deslily

I wonder if success changes the story? There has to be tremendous pressure to deliver now and who knows, maybe she's tired of trying to meet expectations.

But I agree with you. She has enough money to go after anyone who meddles with her story.

Hmmm, my word verification says boohzz. Is blooger suggesting I get drunk? Okay then...

10:10 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

The animation is dear..(Excuse the pun..but I mean it...!)

For some reason I had trouble getting to you tonight from your comment...It didn't work! So I went to my Blogroll...THAT is still wotking...I'm glad to say...

I know you won't believe this but I've nwver read any of these books and I haven't seen any of the films either...I know, I am a dork.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous deslily said...

Melli..oh boy you have some catching up to do..as I remember book 5 was not up to her previous 4, so I was glad when 6 came out and was back on track.

sqt: well she always said she had all her ideas for every book down years ago so it can't be "that much" pressure. I think if I had on the ending in my mind, and not how I got there I could fall behind, but she sounded like she had "ruff" drafts and had her direction all set..which makes me thing she took the abrupt turn to kill off more than one "due to her success.

"Deer" Naomi.. (pun intended lol) I know it may sound far fetched, but I'll bet that you aren't the ONLY person who hasn't read Harry Potter lol. I don't generally "jump on the bandwagon" to read a certain book either, but my brother pushed me into them and then I was hooked.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

Very cool pic.

I am not in the Christmas spirit. Feeling Scoogy actually. Well..hell..being Jewish, maybe the Christmas Spirit isn't exactly what I meant. Let's just say the Holiday Spirit and hope mean old Bill O Reilly doesn't yell at me.

I think I need to meditate and try and slow things down. When you hit fifty, it feels like time goes into over drive, and the dude in the black carriage, with the black horses and black plumes, is waiting impatiently on the next hill.

So,I'll have some cookies, eggnog, and try and get into the swing of things.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home