My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Myrtle.. just one more time.

(BooBoo Kitty wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year!)


A few posts back I talked about Myrtle, the Kelley's tortoise. I looked for a picture I knew I had that was a good one of her and didn't find it so I had posted "me and myrtle" pictures.

Well... I don't remember what i was looking for yesterday, but I found the picture of Myrtle I had wanted the first time! And here it is...

Isn't see cute? (well.. for a tortoise..) That's Carolyn's hand holding her little head up so that De could take the photo.

After I found the picture I once again, digressed to when I used to make the cartoons for the Kelley's. But since I can't do it for them.. I did one for my journal.

Remember, I had always drawn Myrtle as if she was their "child" (since they had no kids of their own). De was always drawn as legs with cowboy boots. Carolyn would be legs and high heels (though she never wore them). Anyway, here's a typical type of "running cartoon" I would draw for them. (only you get to see it in living color!)


Myrtle was always fun to do. I always knew she'd bring a smile or a giggle from the Kelley's.

But I had no idea when i did "ruff" sketches and scanned them into the computer and then went about colorizing them that it would take me so long! (it would probably help if i knew what i was doing) I spent most of the day doing these 3 small cartoons! .. I don't think becoming a "computer cartoonist" is on my list of things to do anytime soon !

7 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

I am glad that you shared those. I wonder why the Kelleys never had children.

11:18 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Jeff..

Carolyn had health problems so it was best they didn't.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

it might be time for you to change that list around. These are great.

I want more.

I'm so spoiled.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Bibi said...

Very cute! Who knew you had such hidden talents...

11:10 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I scrolled back because I was looking for Myrtle...I think these are amazing! Beautifully drawn and colored...How did you ever learn to do any of this?? I Love Myrtle!

12:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi..
I'm pretty much "self taught".. hit and miss.. try this and that. But I play in Paint Shop enough that I've finally learned "some things" lol... but I'm also sure I do things "the hard way" since I don't know half of what these programs can do.. it's very time consuming, especially to me because I want it to look "decent" and make it look like I know what i'm doing... (which is really funny lol)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Goodness... I never knew you were a cartoonist at all! I know about your beautiful drawings... but I hadn't a clue about cartoons! Your talents just never cease to amaze me!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home