My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Some Memories..


4 days until Christmas!!..........


Sometimes I rummage around in old photos.. not that i'm ever really sure why I choose to post some of them, but I do. The photo's I am showing today are about 10 yrs old now.

I think the first photo I chose today was because of all the promoting that I've seen on t.v. that Sly Stallone is doing for his new Rocky movie. (sorry folks, I do not think he is handsome!) I guess he looks good enough for his age but I've always thought his brother Frank was the one who got the good looks in the family. Below is a picture of my friend Dorothy DeBorba and Frank.

Dorothy is one of the ORIGINAL Little Rascals! She was one of the children that made the Movies, not television. She Played a little girl with big "banana curls" named Echo. One time when I was helping her at an autograph show in CA Frank happened to walk in and was just walking around talking to some of the guests that were signing. I spotted him and mentioned it to Dorothy and she giggled and googled and said she thought he was really a cutie and she wished she could meet him.

When I took a small break I went and found Frank and told him of Dorothy and how she wanted to meet him. He grabbed my hand and told me to lead the way! I had to capture the moment for Dorothy with this photo. Well in reality there were 2 photo's.. one I gave to Dorothy, this one she insisted I get into the picture too and that's my hand on Franks shoulder. (I cropped it for this post).

The second photo I chose to show today is one of three of the guys from the t.v. series High Chaparral. I had met Ted Markland a few times, and this once he managed to get Henry Darrow and Bob Hoy to come along and bring the Emmy their show had won. I mostly wanted to show this picture because the "awards shows" will be coming up soon, and I've always thought the Emmy is so much prettier then the Oscar!

I've been privileged to see this Emmy and one other won by Doug Kelly who was a makeup artist. They are simply gorgeous!

I believe I've shown this last photo long ago.. I think Ruth Buzzi and Lily Tomlin are two really funny ladies, and I adored them during Laugh-In!! When Ruth came to the show dressed as the old maid I asked if she'd take a photo with me and this was the result! I still have to smile to myself when I look at Ruth's expression.

Behind us was another friend I had made, though sadly I've lost contact with him, Gordon Scott. I should dig out some nice pictures I have of him as Tarzan and post them. He was very handsome.. and as of the last I saw him, he still was!

I miss helping out at the Hollywood Celebrity Show, that still goes on out in Burbank every 3 months. It was always nice to look forward to them, for I always knew I'd have a good time, good company and at least 1 Margarita!

5 Comments:

Blogger SQT said...

Is it wrong that I think Frank is cute?

I can see how Deforest passes you off as Lily Tomlin. You sure look like her in these pictures.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous deslily said...

sqt: you need to see a photo I put up last January.. I can't get the "individual address" here in blogger as it will only show me 300 posts.. but I have it in aol also:

http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/entries/2006/01/11/is-this-the-party-to-whom-i-am-speaking/1515

I think you will get a chuckle and see for sure why Deforest passed me off as Lily ..way back when lol

5:28 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I saw that one picture of you on the sidebar, where you were dressed up like Lily. Deforest must've had a field day going out with you.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous julie said...

Wow! You know a lot of fascinating people!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Tarzan???

Lord of the Apes? Greystoke??

Don't know him. j/k

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home