My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Soul was his Middle Name

The "Godfather of Soul" dies at age 73.

Gosh, what can I say about James Brown that hasn't been said already?

When I was young I collected his LP's . When I was in a band we, played some of his hits like "Please, Please", and "I Feel Good". We couldn't do them justice though for we only had a small 4 piece band and James had that great band behind him. I still can see him "scooting" across the floor as he sang on his one foot. And one of his band members bringing out his kingly robe as he knelt on the floor. He sure knew how to put on a show!

(remembering when i was younger).. there was just something about when you heard a James Brown number that made you start singing and movin' around the floor, like you were dancing.

He certainly had his "highs and lows" in life.. but one thing he did for me was to draw me right into his music. Those were the days.

James Brown may be gone.. but he won't be forgotten.

5 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

A lovely tribute Pat, to a wonderfully talented man...!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

"It's a Man's World".....and that's all i gotta say about that.

p.s. - i'm interested to see how you pick over on my latest post (seeing as how you're my bloggy (that's a blogging buddy) with the longest tenure).

5:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

James Brown will be missed in the music world. He was such an influence on others.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhh my Lord! My sister lived and breathed James Brown! I wasn't QUITE as crazy about him -- but I remember I Feel Good -- I guess everybody does! And I remember Get On The Good Foot! One of my girlfriends made up a little dance routine to that and we used to do it all the time! LOL!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

One of our regulars at work told me about one of his favorite moments. It was at a James Brown concert. There was a long stage at the place where the concert took place. James Brown came onto the stage and slid from one end to the other. Nick said that was amazing considering James Brown was in his 40's at the time.

Kind of made me wish I could have seen it.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home