My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

January 20th.

Admittedly I'm not the greatest at remembering Birthdays. So I write them on my calendar. Oh, I'd remember them just before or just after, but I'm not good at hitting the nail on the head anymore.

So, I couldn't let today go by without wishing DeForest a Happy Birthday.

I chose this picture to show you on purpose. One might wonder what you buy a person on their Birthday when they can afford to get anything they want or need. Well.. it is a dilemma! So generally in De and Carolyn's cases they would be a nice card and some sort of silly thing. (but always flowers for Carolyn) The poster behind De is one of the silly things I sent him.. I wanted him to know that I loved his cowboy movies every bit as much as his Star Trek part.

I couldn't believe it when a bit after his birthday this photo was in my mail (I was still in Florida at the time). Carolyn had dug out his old cowboy hat and had him pose by the poster, holding their dog, Fancy. (also behind him on the desk is a photo I took of them on stage at some convention.. kissing!

Speaking of conventions..........

I've finally been able to make arrangements so that I can go away for a week in March. (I won't go into how hard or long that took me.. nor that I doubted I could make this come together for months.)

They already had one person cancel due to a work schedule, Elijah Wood.. sigh, his autograph in my book would have been good. But they have gathered others... if the line up changes it wouldn't surprise me so I'm a little afraid to hope the only changes would be to add yet another person.

So far they have Andy Serkis (Gollum) and it's his first convention so that will be a good autograph to get. Here's a small photo of Andy as he really looks..

David Wenham (Faramir) who is a very fine actor from Australia. (not hard on the eyes either!)

Billy Boyd (Pippin) who many know I am partial to since I saw him once before and he achieved something few do... he made me laugh. Creations Entertainment is also flying in Billy's band from Ireland and they will get to play for the fans. (I'm especially happy to see on imdb that Billy is still managing to do more movies.)

The fourth guest is Doug Adams. He is a musical associate of composer Howard Shore, and has been working closely with Howard on the release of the Complete Soundtrack Recording box sets for LOTR.

The convention will run from a Friday to Sunday.. I will fly out the Monday before and stay with a girlfriend who I haven't seen in 7 yrs since I moved back to NJ. You've heard me mention her name before, Sue Keenan. She was the president of De's Fan Club (see there... it all ties in together!)

I'll keep you informed of any changes along the way.. for now I have my airline set, the hotel set (2 nights), and the convention ticket. .. and a charge card that makes me ill to look at!

'Til the next time.....

7 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

this is good news. You know how much i want you to "live" your life and do some of the things that YOU love.

where is the convention?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I just happened to catch the end of the ST episode where Bones had a baby with a woman from one of the planets. I don't remember that one but they were implying the baby was his.

Anyhoo, as he tickled the baby, all I could picture is D sitting on your porch telling stories....funny huh?


Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

12:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kiyotoe.. thanks. This is the 3rd time in 7 years. The first was my sons wedding in Florida, then the weekend at the Elf con.. and now this.
The con is in Burbank CA. Very close to where I used to live in the Valley.
I will stay in LA with Sue, close to the airport (where she works). She'll take me to Burbank on Friday and spend the day with me there.. then leave and pick me up Sunday when the con is over.

12:46 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

You are better then me Chris.. without the photo's I'd have a hard time invisioning that time.. btw.. it wasn't McCoy's baby..heh

12:57 PM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Hi Pat, I continue to resist the move to beta blogspot, I tend to live by 'if it's not broken'...

aah ... David Wenham ... YES...

I am always in trouble with birthdays, usually from people who ALWAYS remember, the way I look at it, that's their thing; it shouldn't have to be a 'return the favour'.

Your convention sounds like it will be great - something to look forward to indeed...

How nice of De Forest to take the photo for you - that's so special - lucky you!

cheers,
Della

9:28 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that sounds like such a fun con.

I'd enjoy that trip, I'm sure...meanwhile back at the bar $

1:18 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip will be coming your way, Pat! I hope it all works out perfectly for you.....!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home