My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

The McGregor Saga

"Snowy River: The McGregor Saga" [TV-Series 1993-1996]

Recently I've started reading a blog by Della in Australia. called Turning Sixty I'm not even sure how I found her.. a link is my best guess. Anyway, on her journal she shows some photo's of what it's like near where she lives and some of the wildlife. (Today she has a Kookaburro)

It got me to thinking.. Back in the 90's when I lived in California, I got hooked on a television show that was from Australia. It was called "Snowy River: The McGregor Saga". The star of the show is Andrew Clarke, and he was ummm... really nice to look at ..heh. So, I went to see if I could find anything on this old series or some photos to share with you, but I found very little. I did manage to find this photo of Andrew Clarke as his character Matt McGregor...

One person on this show who is still making movies is Guy Pierce. The McGregor Saga was my introduction to this cutie. (Many weren't thrilled with his version of the Time Machine, but I rather liked it. )

Another person who showed up on that series was Tracy Nelson, who I didn't realize at first is Ricky Nelson's daughter.

There was a third person that had a regular appearance in the show.. let's see if you can guess who he is..

Well, if you didn't guess Hugh Jackman I guess you aren't an X man fan!

Some of this TV series is now coming out on DVD. Although I love buying movies rather then renting them, I've never gotten hooked on buying television series on DVD. (not even Star Trek!) But it's nice to know that this series was popular enough to make it to DVD anyway.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was living in California when this series aired, and I can remember asking others on the east coast or other parts of the country if they ever saw it. It seemed to me that it must not have aired nation wide, which is sad if that's true, for it truly was a good series.

I didn't mean to do a post about this show but after a few times to Della's site it popped into my head and wouldn't go away. I'm really disappointed there wasn't more about the series on the web. I found a few episode guides and the DVDs but when I checked in Images, hoping to find more photo's there were few to be found.

If you are among the few that ever saw this series I'd love to hear what you thought of it...

'Till next time...

5 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I am unfamiliar with that series, but I recognized Hugh Jackman immediately...I am more familiar with him from his Broadway-Stage credits than any movies...He is such a tallented man...Sings, Dances, Acts...and ALL Fantastically!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn said...

The Man from Snowy River was one of my all time favorite movies EVER.

And hey - Hugh Jackman is one of my FAVORITE hot guys of all time. (newly added to my list a few years ago.)

I didn't know there was a tv show.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I didn't know about the TV show either...

10:26 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! I've never heard of ANY of these people! ( it's me... i am pitiful...) But I will agree with you that Andrew Clarke appears to be ...um... quite FINE to look at!

I think it's so cool that all the old series are coming out on DVD's! I might actually invest in some of them! You know... so I can share really GOOD shows with my grandkids... if I ever get any. LOL!

12:16 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Oh, I knew that was Hugh Jackman right away. He is my all time crush. I luuuuuuuuuuvvvv him.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home