My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday..

I actually had some time to myself this weekend, and so I indulged myself and finished reading the book Eragon!

I have to say I'm amazed that a 15 year old could write such a long first book! (over 500 pages). It's an enjoyable read for anyone wanting to read it. It is written well for young readers, they should have no problem following the main character through his journey.

I don't want to say alot about it in case someone reading this is reading it or going to.

I will say the young Mr Paolini seemed to be sure you knew the meanings of any made up languages, and even has some pages in the back of the book for pronunciation's of said words.

He kept his story simple and easy for young people to follow. (I can't really say if that was intentional or because he himself was so young when he wrote it)

I bought both of his books at the same time, so I will begin Eldest tomorrow.

The second book is over 600 pages! I now wonder when the third book of his trilogy will be out... and how long that one will be?!

*******************************************

I don't get many "weekend readers" so I'd like to ask anyone who didn't read the post before this one to check it out. I'd like to help Naomi of Here In The Hills by sending people her way to read her post on actor Larry Parks and how you can help Naomi towards getting Larry a well deserved star on the Walk of Fame. It's not a guaranteed help, but it certainly couldn't hurt to send an email to the link she has on her site. Even if you are not old enough to know who Larry Parks is, you can relate to the fact that others like Donald Trump do NOT deserve a star on the Walk of Fame. (yes, Mr Trump has a television program, but I'm sorry... he's still not an actor!)

I would like to see this because it is deserved..

...not this which is not...

(Larry Parks star is not real I made it in my paint program) I am not saying Mr Trump does not deserve to be noticed for his work... just not "Walk of Fame" as it was meant to be for Actors and Actresses in the industry.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

I will go check Larry Parks out - and yes, i agree with you ...Donald Trump doesn't need a star. He is an ass.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

How wonderful for one so young to write like that...it certainly is inspirational.

4:32 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I agree with Kamryn, Trump in an ass.

From what I understand, Paolini didn't exactly write the book on his own. His father "helped" him quite a bit by essentially editing the book before it was even sent out. In my mind, that means it was probably heavily re-written by the dad. Also, the father marketed the heck out of it.

I'm not saying it isn't good (I haven't read it) but I think it's disingenuous to claim it was written by a 15 year old. It makes for a great story though...

6:07 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Oops! Trump IS an ass.

Must proof read.

6:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: thanks for checking Naomi's site and suggestion!!

Lee..from what i read Christopher was home schooled and graduated at 15..so he's no dummy lol

sqt: I know someone who just bought Eragon so I can't say too much..but if his father "rewrote" alot of it, he went to far in trying to make it sound like a 15 yr old wrote it. To me, the flow of the writing just wasn't right somehow. But the story itself is decent!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

Des, I tried reading the first fifty pages and ended up tossing it aside. And I agree with SQT, I think this is a backstage father with tremendous marketing experience. I would hire that dad in a minute.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Yea... I say give Trumps star TO Larry Parks! (i've already been to Naomi's today!) I am going to write a letter. I wonder if it will do any good....

8:51 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

is that a book an 11 year old grandson should read?


Trump is an A$$.



Off to see Larry

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home