My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Till the Next Time

I know you must be sick of "DeForest" by now.. but I also found these photo's I wanted to share... then .. I promise, no more DeForest! (till the next time)

This is the beautiful Carolyn Dowling. Later to become Carolyn Kelley. And the ever so handsome Jackson DeForest Kelley, in their younger days.

Carolyn and DeForest met while doing a play in 1942. De appeared as a beach bum in "The Innocent Young Man" with the Long Beach Theater Group. His co-star was a blonde, blue-eyed beauty named Carolyn Dowling.

I wish I had photo's from that play, but alas.. I don't. Carolyn did have a newspaper clipping though, of another play they had worked on together.. this is a very bad xerox copy of the original news article that she had given me, of a play called "Tobacco Road"

DeForest and his (as he liked to say) very same wife of 54 years.... Theirs was a true love story that I will never forget.

*******************************************

I found yet another picture close to the ones I posted. It's one of my favorites from Star Trek VI.. it's a photo of De and Nick Meyer the director. (yes the same one I hugged and got embarrassed over).. note how short Nick is!! De is 6 ft, if you need a comparison. (old post about meeting Nick Here)

Here's a bit a trivia.. if you saw Star Trek 6.. when Kirk and McCoy were on trial a real evil laugh came from the gallery of Klingons... it was Nick Meyer! Nick not only directed but wrote many screenplays and the novel The Seven Per-Cent Solution.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

54 years of marriage - that is rare for Hollywood couples. I am very impressed.

And never apologize for too much Dr. McCoy. We love it.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

yeah.. I'm getting kind of fond of him myself.

especially when I hear about his long marriage.

3:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: actually it's not that uncommon. but they only report the divorces! To me, the Kelley's were a true life love story.

Pamela: I wish everyone could have known him..I have no doubts you'd have liked him too.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home