My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Harry Potter

Gads! I've waited like everyone else for the news of the final book of Harry Potter to be released but could this be the true cover of the book? If so it makes a heavy statement about the rumors there are a few deaths in this one. Could they get any "darker" then making it black?

The release date was announced this morning to be July 21st.

There's also a good chance that July will be the release of the next Potter movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

The "kids" are growing in leaps and bounds...........


For now all Rupert Grint has in store is: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008) (pre-production) .... as Ron Weasley and
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (post-production) .... as Ron Weasley


and the same for Emma Watson as Hermione Granger in fact the Harry Potter movies are all she has done.

In 2006 Rupert did break out of the "Weasley mold" long enough to do a movie called Driving Lessons.

But it seems no one has grown up as much as "Harry" himself. According to Cinematical reports... Daniel will be on stage in England in Equus, where he will include performing a scene in the nude. Harry nude? Can this be?.. of course it can, Daniel has grown up and is going to prove he can act as well as be a student of "magic".


I wish them all success in all their endeavors... and I'm looking forward to the movies, I'm just not as sure about the book!


'Till next time....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

I received an email today from Barnes and Noble letting me know I could pre-order the book. I am so excited - but will wait before doing that. (I've always had success from Amazon.)

I know there has been a big controversy about Daniel Radcliffe being nude. I say "Good For Him." Harry Potter won't be around forever. He needs to step out (much like Harrison Ford to escape Han Solo and Indiana Jones). But, it is pretty cool to see these kids all grow up. (all of the characters, Malfoy, Neville, the Twins.)

1:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Karmyn: what's really freaky is that it feels like it was only, maybe, a year ago that we saw the first movie!

2:01 PM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Hi Pat,
I saw this item on the news last night, about Harry Potter's nudity, they were quite disparaging about it, and I couldn't help thinking maybe that's why so many of the kids today grow up with problems.

Why do they have to turn being nude and having sex into a bad and dirty thing, not to be hinted at around young people, as if they didn't know about such things.

I understand why I grew up bitter and twisted about it, but I was raised Catholic, now it seems to have spread to everybody...

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

I think I am a prude. I think being nude on stage at 17 is a little bit over the top. I feel sorry for all the kids and their mothers that have to deal with this. I think that celebrities that have accepted child roles need to feel the obligation of being role models. But, again - maybe I am just a prude.

5:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Della: though I'm not a lover of "sex scenes" in movies (maybe because they drag them out longer then real sex! lol) I think Daniel is going to be ok. This is an "adult stage play", it's not like the kids who love "harry potter" will see it. He is still with his parents and agent so I'm sure all the angles were talked about greatly before coming to the decision to do the play.

Jeff: I think men and "boys" are far less intimadated to be seen nude. Like I said above, I'm not a lover of the sex scenes a lot of movies have mostly because the movie would do just fine without them or with shorter scenes...in other words.. overkill.
It's a hard call.. and very individual as to who can handle being nude in front of a large audience and who couldn't. The persons mentality has a lot to do with it... I just hope he's doing it for the right reasons..whatever they may be.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Not a bad bod on that kid! ;)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

I love Equus.

It feels a little strange to see someone strip when you've watched them grow up, doesn't it?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I'm 31 and looking at them all grown up makes me feel a little old. LOL

8:55 AM  
Blogger Asara said...

Wow.. Is it just me or has Harry Potter grown up into quite the hottie?? Dang. We had to read Equus for an honors class when I was in college, and our prof. brought in the movie when we were done discussing the book. It was weird. I might have to go find a copy of it again to refresh my memory now...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

it sure makes one feel old -- they should all still be running around in pantaloons.... huh?xs

11:30 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

From what I've read about Equus I don't think it's cheap exploitation. And I can't blame him for trying not to be sterotyped as Harry Potter.

He looks hot too.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I looked for an Email contact here -- because I wanted to tell you that Sandpipers and Sanderlings are similiar.. but not quite the same.
The Sandpipers have longer legs.

In fact, when I first saw these birds, that is exactly what I thought they were.

It was just a fun trip to the ocean -

2:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Yes, he's turning into a young man rather quickly! lol.. I might be uncomfortable to watch him strip myself, though i am basing that on the fact that my own sons were pretty young when they decided "mom should no longer see them naked"..

all I hope for all of the kids that have grown up during filming these movies is that the money they have made does not do to them what it's done to many child stars.. River Phoenix comes to mind...

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just tell me the nude scene isn't with the horse.

Please???

Ssshhh....... i was never here. Don't tell "you know who", rhymes with "Dounselor".

1:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG, your comment about the book cover reminds me of Spinal Tap!

Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

Happy Superbowl Weekend!
Chris
My Blog

2:36 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Daniel has changed a LOT -- but does NOT belong shirtless... I'm finding it really "eeeewwwy" that he is doing that! Rupert is looking rather "feminine" these days! And Emma is still beautiful and really hasn't changed all that much, huh?

I need to read books 5 & 6 yet before I can even THINK about 7. I got kind of board with the fantasy stuff after book 4... but I'm sure ONE of these days I'll pick it up again to see how the story ends! I have them all on the shelf -- well except the last one!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home