My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sci-Fi Autographs

Some of my readers have asked about other autographs I have collected.. or rather, that I have left after I had to sell many off trying to stay in California..

Anyway.. I thought I would post some.. maybe more then some... the next few posts I will put up autographed photo's... no particular reason I guess.. Just thought looking a pictures sometimes is easier then reading alot lol..

So.. my first few would be considered Sci-Fi. Yeah, I know surprise, surprise huh?!

The first would be the Creator of Star Trek himself... Gene Roddenberry.

Naturally, I will follow it up with a Trek personality.. and since ya'll must be sick of me talking about DeForest, I'll fake you out and put up Patrick Stewart.

The next is Dean Stockwell.. I am including him here since he did Quantum Leap, Enterprise, SG-1, and Battlestar Galactica, I think he fits the category.

... and one more. A really sweet, dear, man who we lost only last year. Dan O'herlihy. In the photo below was a favorite character of mine that he played in The Last StarFighter named Grig.

Of the four very fine actors here, I can say that at one time or another I've met all four of them. As for Dean Stockwell and Dan O'Herlihy, I had an added pleasure of helping each of them during autograph shows.

So... that's four autographs I don't think I've shown before... tomorrow, I will do a few more. I think I will post a few "Cowboys" ... and once again I will leave DeForest out of the pictures! (but he really was one bad ass cowboy!)

'Till next time...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

I really like the picture of Patrick Stewart...I just wish he didn't have a cig in his hand.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

I have George Takei, James Doohan, and Walter Koenig.

7:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: ah well.. maybe he quit?

Jeff: ohh good deal! I have them too! I was trying not to show the ones that might be most obvious for me to have lol.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

It must be a lot of fun helping them with autograph sessions! I would think that would be pretty cool. Can't wait to see what ya got tomorrow -- I'm much more of a "cowboy" fan than sci-fi! ;)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You want my autograph Des?
giggle.

No.. I haven't been drinking. I'm just silly by nature.

These are so much fun to read I can't help it.

1:13 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

I LOVE Dean Stockwell, lucky, lucky you.

7:28 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Melli: It's work and fun rolled into one! I love hearing the fans tell the actor of their favorite movie of theirs and see in the actors face how good it makes them feel to be remembered.

Pamela: sure send it on Pam! One never knows who will become famous one day, and then I can say I knew her/ him when!

Della: Dean was sitting next to Kevin McCarthy who I was actually working with, but each time I got up to go for a drink or food for Kevin Dean would catch my eye and I knew he wanted something too... so I'd ask him and sure enough he'd give me his order lol.. he was nice and gave me the autograph free for helping him.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Asara said...

Oh my goodness, the Last Starfighter! One of my most favorite movies when I was younger, seriously. Grig was the best! I'm going to have to visit my parents and see if they still have this on VHS. Thanks for the memory :)

11:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Asara: yeah I have it in vhs too.. like most of my movies, I drag it out now and then if it hasn't shown up on tv for a long time lol..

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home