My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Some Females

Is there anyone out there old enough to remember "My Little Margie"?.. well, I remembered it! And I remembered enjoying it enough to write to Gale Storm who played Margie Albright. Her father was played by Charles Farrell. (young as I was, he was a pretty good looking father!

Gale began her career in movies in 1940 and then moved to the "small screen" for My Little Margie. Her last appearance on television was in a Murder She Wrote episode in 1989.

When I first wrote to Gale I told her about the show and asked if she might do it sometime... and she did!!


This next lady, Betty White, is someone I've loved for a long time. The characters she managed to make her own ( such as: Sue Ann Nivens on Mary Tylor Moore, and Rose, on The Golden Girls) have always, always made me laugh.

I think my first constant seeing of Betty Whitle was on the game show Password, which was starring her husband Allen Ludden. And many more remember her from Hollywood Squares.

All that and she's a person who loves and helps animals. What's not to like about Betty White?

This next lady is yet another person that I met at an autograph show, Penny Singleton.

For many who don't know the name, Penny, in the 40's mad the "Blondie" movies. She was Blondie Bumstead and Arthur Lake played Dagwood.. They were fun movies to watch. I don't know if they will ever show up on TMC or not, but they should!

I saved my "namesake" for last... Lily Tomlin! I first found Lily, like many others, on Laugh In... and laugh she did make us do! Who, among movie watchers, can't remember her in 9 to 5 and The Incredible Shrinking Woman?

I still hope that one day I get to meet her in person.

(I have to say I miss seeing her do Ernestine, the phone operator.. )


"Till next time....." (snort!)


5 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

I love Lily Tomlin.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I cannot say that I remember My Little Margie... I DO remember my MOTHER remembering that show! But I certainly do LOVE Betty White -- I especially loved her on the game shows when she was being "herself" -- she is just naturally a very funny lady! And Lily Tomlin too -- fabulous comedienne -- I to WISH you could meet her in person! I really think SOMEone should arrange that!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Great pics, DesLily. You sure have a collection there!

4:10 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: me too (snort!) lol

Melli: is that an offer to arrange a meeting with my "namesake"?? huh? lol

Lee: Thanks Lee, unfortunately I had to sell off some that I can never replace, like Kate Hepburn!! It's a meager collection, and most have my name on them which makes them less valuable to anyone but me..but hey..they are mine!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I was talking about Gale Storm just the other day with someone at work.

And.. .also Our Miss Brooks remember that?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home