My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some Sort of Fabulous..

For those who are tired of seeing autographs... have faith! This is the last post like this, for a while anyway.

For this post I am showing some autographs of some Stars that I will never, ever stop watching their movies.

The First is Douglas Fairbanks Jr... Besides having a very long list of credits, Mr Fairbanks, in the 1950's Mr Fairbanks hosted a show: Douglas Fairbanks Jr, Presents, also known as The Rheingold Theater. (yes, some of us have loooong memories)

If you watch old movies you may have seen him in Gunga Din along with Cary Grant and Sam Jaffe.

Next is John Huston. Unfortunately I only have his autograph from someone's autograph book... but I didn't care, as long as I had it!

Mr. Huston fascinated me. He was as famous in front of a camera as he was as a director, as he was in voice over work.

Long ago I bought the book "An Open Book" which he wrote as his own biography.

There is a list of 47 movies that he directed.. beginning with The Maltese Falcon, all they way up to The Dead (1987) In the middle of those are a few movies one might have heard of... Like: Key Largo/ The Asphalt Jungle/ The African Queen/ Moby Dick/ The Bible: In the Beginning/ and The Man Who Would Be King, just to name a few.

He has a list of 36 writing credits.. among them Wuthering Heights.

Add to all of that, his voice was almost as famous as he was for narration or readings.

The next autograph is the ONLY one I have just on a card. (but I'll take it anyway!)

It's of Sir Alec Guinness. Yes, to most of you it's Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi.

Sir Alec began his career in 1934 (uncredited) and although he made many movies following that, he probably became famous in America when he made The Bridge On the River Kwai,

Much as I love his performances, which are mostly very theatrical, I have to say I was shocked and pleased when he really reached out of box and played the blind butler Jamesir Bensonmum in Murder by Death.

It never surprised me when he became Obi-Won... he could be a mentor to anyone, for anything.

This seems to be the post of signatures not on photo's... well folks, I am not rich! And some of these people bring thousands of dollars for an original signature on a photo.

This next Gorgeous Hunk, Stephen Boyd , died at the young age of 46.

Probably most famously known as Messala in Ben Hur, Mr Boyd remained a face any woman could not forget! In the way of (sorta) type casting he also appeared in The Fall of The Roman Empire and The Bible: In the Beginning. However he did dabble in Sci-Fi when he was in Fantastic Voyage.


And for my finale exquisitely handsome actor: I give you... Jimmy Stewart

Now, for Jimmy Stewart, I would be SHOCKED if someone reading this hadn't known him from at least several movies!

With a list of 100 movies to his credit... somewhere along the line, you came across this special man. Maybe it was It's a Wonderful Life! (ya think?!!)

As with all the previous "autograph" posts, each actors name is a link to IMDb, with a full list of their credits. If you enjoyed any of these people even once, they are worth a look-see to find out if there are other movies that may crop up on television in which you might see them in a different light.


'Till next time....


5 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

I know all of these except Stephen Boyd ... I had actually never heard of him. But Jimmy Stewart I have loved in EVERYTHING I've ever seen him in! A favorite being Harvey! He and that invisible rabbit! TOO funny! And Mr. Smith Goes To Washington - fabulous!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

"Shenandoah" has to be up there near the top of my list of favourite Jimmy Stewart movies. There will only ever be one of him...they threw the mold away after him. I love "The Philadelphia Story", "Harvey"...the list goes on...I've got "Shenandoah" here on video...I must drag it out and watch it again, soon.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn said...

Now I would love to have Jimmy Stewart's autograph.

My favorite movie of his is "Harvey" - a silly little film, but I love it.

12:37 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Melli: somewhere in my boxes of vhs I have Harvey! Only wish I could get to them more readily.

Lee: I don't come across many who don't like Jimmy. And like DeForest, as unlikely as he may seem he did make a decent cowboy!

Karmyn: When younger folks manage to see old movies with old stars.. they are so good the capture the next generation in line.. I think Jimmy did that.. and a few others.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

enjoyed this post des. I remember them all.. my favorite being jimmy stewart.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home