My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tired Eyes...

This is how I spent my day yesterday..

making 19 frames to that I could have Myrtle "alive" for the first time...

I guess I couldn't get the idea out of my head about characters coming alive.

It's jerky but that's because I had to move her more then you would for a "real film". As it is someone on dialup may have trouble loading 19 frames. I did shrink it down from the size I worked with to help for loading purposes... plus 400 pixels is the limit on my blogspot journal and I will post it both there and aol.

Anyway.. working in pixels really puts a strain on these old eyes. By the time I finished all the frames my eyes were stinging and I could barely stay awake to watch "Enterprise" on the Sci Fi Station. (they show 3 shows every monday evening.. starting from the very beginning)

It took many hours to do this. I kept taking short breaks when the nerves in my mouse hand would shake from clicking so much. It would have been a whole lot easier if I had a WACOM pad.

I had the smallest (and cheapest) Wacom Pad once but it won't work with XP. Seeing as the cheapest one is 100.00 I haven't replaced it. It's a pretty great thing to have if you do alot of art work on the computer.

I'm glad all I had to do today was to put the frames together in Animation Shop because I think my eyes need a break lol.. they won't really get one though, I know I'll pick up Inkspell and do some reading before the day is over.

'Till the next time...


9 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn said...

Well, I think its cool. I am quite impressed, because I have no idea how to do that.

12:25 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I think it looks great. I seldom have the patience for stuff like that. I did do all the hacks on my blog (collapsable posts, 3 column template) but the little things don't appeal as much anymore. I think it's because of all the time I spent in the beginning.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

I like it! I think it is awesome with all the things you do here.

5:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Karmyn: I learned long ago how to make frames for animation so it's nothing new... but it can take many hours like this did. I began with scanning in sketches of Myrtle..cleaning them up, coloring them.. that took the most time lol..

Sqt: yep it takes patience! .. thing with me is, once I start, I want it completed so I can see the results.. that makes for too many hours at the computer!

Jeff: were it only as easy to figure out problems huh?!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Hootin' Anni said...

I think this is a GREAT animation!! For me, from my computer/connection she is NOT jerky at all.

Wonderful job.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

This was very very cool. Congratulations. You know, it makes me think about the possibilities for some fantasies I've been having about...never mind.

7:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hootin Annie: I want your machine lol.. I would need at least 4 times the amount of frames to make it look like a section of a "real cartoon" animation..but thanks!!

Stewart: I sent you an email lol..I just cannot read "never mind" without laughing, as I hear Roseann Roseannadanna's voice!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm very impressed, too, DesLily...I wouldn't know where to start! That's great. :)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ADORABLE! And I have done some work with animation -- so I KNOW of what ye speak! It is a LOT of work -- and it really gives you a fine appreciation for what the Disney artists (and others) really DO for a living! I've always wanted one of those drawing pads -- but I didn't know they wouldn't work with XP - that's GOOD information - cuz I had been thinking more and more about getting one... guess I won't bother!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home