My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

This'n'that....

Ok.. now... tell me what's wrong with the pictures: This is Burbank CA..

... and this is Orange, New Jersey.

Do I need to show them again? I didn't think so. What's wrong is I'd rather be where the blue sky and 90 degree temps are! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

***************************************************

Since I'd rather not let go of my week in California, I thought I'd put up a few extra photo's that were taken while I was there...

The first two are from the dinner party. This is Sue (in red), who I stayed with in LA. She was also the President of DeForest's Fan Club that I came to know and enjoy so much. (more like: had a blast with!)

Jackie, I met through Sue from the beginning of our friendship and she quickly became someone I enjoyed being around. She became Patrick Stewarts personal assistant for nearly 20 years. It only ended when Patrick moved back to England.

Then there's Richard Arnold and a friend of his from England JC. Poor Richard, he treats us all to dinner and JC gives him horns for his effort! sheesh. I met Richard years ago at a Star Trek Convention. At that time he worked for Paramount and would go to conventions with slide shows and news concerning Star Trek and Gene Roddenberry. If there was something you needed to know... this is the guy you'd want to ask! The first I met him I asked about an actor in one of the Trek movies (Nick Ramus) his makeup and such was so neat I wanted to know about him. Before the day was over Richard had his name, his agents name and about anything else i could want to know about him for me!

Now he works for Creation, still gives talks about all the Treks and is still a super nice person to be around.

This next photo is a young 17 year old that was at the convention (accompanied by her parents who were super nice folks). She was very into Animi Art and I took this of her doing a drawing.. very talented young lady. I found out she also writes scripts for her characters. Could be she'll do something like this even when she gets older?!

I always go to the costume contest. The people all work really hard to make their costumes. Much time and money are put into them. This young man was the winner of this particular contest. He was Strider. (and a dang cute one at that!! heh..didn't even need my glasses to see that much!)

One of Akiko's friends took this photo of Akiko and myself. Lord of the Rings holds no age boundaries! Young and old together enjoying the same thing... sometimes that fact amazes me... then again... sometimes not.

This picture (gawd I hate being in pictures!! ) is Chris the official Photographer for those Photo Op's I mentioned in the other post...

I had given my little digital camera to someone in the front row... (not a good camera by any means) These last shots she took for me, so thought I'd share just one of each of the guests...

The eyecandy man .. David Wenhem. (I really need to go see the 300! heh)

Cutie Pie, Billy Boyd. This is a neat shot showing how there were screens on both sides so that those people that are seated in the back of the room might see the guests better.

The link to see a SLIDE SHOW of Billy's Band: Beefcake is here. (it's a "my space journal", the slide show is found to the right side of the opening page)

To HEAR his band click this link. It's another "my space" but you hear his band immediately. And right under the bar to hear music is a list of 4 of their songs that you can hear.

... and last: m'main man of the weekend (my preccciouuusss), Andy Serkis.

Of course, since he Impressed me, not just as a hard working actor, but also as such a pleasant human being, I feel the need to write to him and let him know. So I spent part of yesterday tracking down his agent information. Then I call the agency (in CA) and ask if they forward mail to him. I found out the man who is his agent, has left the agency that I had found the address for.

It wound up that I had to recall that agency and ask for a forwarding address to his agent. They gave me a phone number.... no address. Soooo, then I had to call that number (still in CA) and ask them if they forward mail. And for my 3rd call to California I was rewarded with a yes. (whew) They then gave me their address so I can write... which of course will probably take me a week to write the letter, but at least I can!

There are requirements now, that agencies didn't have long ago. (I've done this before) Now I must leave the envelope with Andy's name on it unsealed, so they can check it. This is all thanks to Terrorists.

It would seem our world really is getting smaller.. and more dangerous. Pretty sad ... no, ...make that very sad.

'till next time....


7 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i knew that guy looked familiar....yeah, 300 was a great flick!

And if you ask me, the shot of Orange, New Jersey is the more appealing.

But I'm biased.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

They also want to make sure you aren't a stalker.

I wonder where that line between fan and stalker gets crossed ??? Interesting thought.

Loved the pictures. You make me giggle when you talk about those "hot" fellows.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

More! More! More pics and more stories! :)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

He made that costume? It look like it was from an actual movie.

10:43 AM  
Blogger paz y amor said...

Sorry, but California's a bit overrated to me. Having been down in Atlanta for almost 13 years, it makes me miss the snow (I'm from Denver).

300 was one of the most visually stunning films I've seen in a while. Definitely check it out!

10:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kiyotoe: you've seen 300 already? geez, why didn't you take me with you? lol.

pamela: I think once a fan crosses a line is like when they more then go to see them at appearances (open to public) Do dumb things like find out their home address and phone number and all and all act like a complete idiot. It must be scarey to have someone THAT obsessed! But most "stalkers" are most likely someone who would really hurt their obsession.

Lee: oh how I wish I had more! lol.. that would mean more conventions!!

Charles: yes, he made the costume..and yes it looks real! Might be why he won ..ya think? lol

Paz: been to Denver twice..but only from the airport to the hotel (conventions)..it went from 75 degrees one day to a blizzard the next!! But the country there is gorgeous!

11:57 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Pat, I see no pictures on your blog at all.....Don't know what the problem is, but...there is just a small space where the picture shoud be in most cases....Sorry about that!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home