My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Book Meme

Booked By 3 Meme


Name up to three characters…

1. ….You wish were real so you could meet them:

(actually, they would all be characters from the story I wrote, but since no one knows them I'll choose some from published books)

Belgarath the Sorcerer. I love this old man, lol, for ages after I read David Eddings books I joked that he and I were engaged! He'd be someone I'd love to know for sure!

Masterharper Robinton, The Pern series. Oh man, this guy is one I could fall for! I was so glad when Anne McCaffrey wrote a whole book about him!

Gandalf... what I'd like to know is who WOULDN'T want to meet him?!!



2. ….You would like to be:

(wow, I never really thought about this one!)

Meggie from Inkheart maybe. She's had lots of adventure, a father who loves her more then anything, and an eccentric Aunt Elinor who I'd like to meet too!... and she still has a whole life to live.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad to be Herminone from Harry Potter. Very smart gal.. and being able to do all those wizardly things would be neat!

Lessa of Pern. I wonder what it would be like to be such a strong person, and to ride Ramoth! (wait.. I'm afraid of heights!..but then again, if I was Lessa.. I wouldn't be!)



3. ….Who scare you:

(This is not my cup of tea, but most books have a villain, so I'll go with that.)

Capricorn in Inkheart: he is evil, evil, evil! (excellent villain, and no one I'd want to meet!)

Voldemort (Harry Potter) is another one I wouldn't want to meet on a dark street. (or a bright street either)

Saruman (Lord of the Rings).. nope he's no one I would ever want to meet or deal with, thank you very much.

Now this is a Meme and I'm supposed to name others to play along... I generally don't do that ..however... I think I will this time! So, I choose...

Kiyotoe (aka The Dragon: 050376 )

SQT (aka Fantasy & Sci Fi Lovin' Blog ) and..

Stewart (aka The House of Sternberg)

'till next time....


(ps. I am doing a second post below for those who have read Inkheart and are interested in the upcoming movie of it.....)

4 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

I think I will steal this meme ... but I'm going to hang on to it for a little while! It's a good one!

9:38 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

Good meme. I will have to think on it a little. I'll probably have it up by tomorrow.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Well...I would have liked to have met Ayn Rand...author of "The Fountain Head", "Atlas Shrugged", amongst many other brilliant works.

I would like to meet Peter Carey...the author of "Oscar & Lucinda" and "Illywacker", amongst others.

I would love to meet Bill Watkins...who lives in Minneapolis...the author of "A Celtic Childhood", amongst others..

They are only a couple of the many authors I would love to meet.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Quixotic said...

Great answers! Reading this makes me want to go back and revisit some of the Eddings books I loved when I was younger. And the Pern novels...

I wasn't aware that Inkheart was being adapted for film. I think I should probably get on with it and read the book soon in that case!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home