My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

An Easter Story...?

Tomorrow is Easter so I thought I would tell you a story about Easter Rabbits! Hmmm.. Now why would the kitties be cuddled in fear of an Easter Bunny story??

...And how can I tell a Bunny story without using my favorite actor, DeForest Kelley?

Well, I couldn't so here goes..

For those of you not into DeForest Kelley movies, let me tell you of a time (1972) when dear Dr McCoy took off his uniform and made a little movie called "Night of the Lepus".

Ah, yes even De fell victim to one of the "giant" movies. This one was man eating giant Bunnies! ( oh the shame of it all!) And to think, that his good friend A.C. Lyles, who used De in so many westerns called upon him to do this movie! He was hoodwinked!

The plot of the movie goes something like this: Cole Hillman's Arizona ranch is plagued with 'mongrel' rabbits, and he wants to employ an ecologically sound control method. As a favor to college benefactor Hillman, college president Elgin Clark (played by De) calls in zoologist Roy Bennett to help. Bennett immediately begins injecting rabbits with hormones and genetically mutated blood in an effort to develop a method of disrupting rabbit reproduction. One of the test subjects escapes, resulting in a race of bloodthirsty, wolf-sized, man-, horse-, and cow-eating bunnies. Eventually the National Guard is called in for a final showdown with the terrorizing rabbits.

Does this make you want to give any "baby bunnies" to your kids?

But they had some very good actors. I guess they thought this would really fly.

Stuart Whitman ... Roy Bennett / Janet Leigh ... Gerry Bennett / Rory Calhoun ... Cole Hillman / DeForest Kelley ... Elgin Clark / Paul Fix ... Sheriff Cody

But then there were those... bunnies.

Yup... that might give me nightmares! Why do I think that bunny isn't carrying around Easter Eggs???

Wow! Look at that! De with moustache!.. excuse me while I drool...heh.

Oh! De on his knees! (more drool) That looks like a big hole for a big bunny! Run, DeForest, Run!

Well, just so you don't get too scared, I guess I can tell you that in the end.. it's the Bunny Rabbits demise... and De lives to tell about it!

So... how's that for an Easter Tail?.. err, Tale.


'Till next time...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Karmyn R said...

If you think that was a funny movie - check this one out....I can't even begin to laugh.

Blacksheep

3:18 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I missed that one. I saw one with giant rats, tho. They seem more sinister than bunnies. That must have been a horrid movie..


okay now I'm really laughing'
my word verification is

mr weod
which would describe De iin that movie.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i think i've actually seen part of this movie one sunday afternoon on ABC waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when me and Pops would sit on the couch all day watching sports and movies.

Killer bunnies?

they don't make movies like that anymore.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Asara said...

Oh my! I've seen giant ticks, but never giant bunnies. It doesn't look like something Blockbuster might carry, either, so I probably won't get to see it :( Happy Easter, anyway!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home