My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, April 02, 2007

How to Waste Time...

So... as I continue with the Andy Serkis obsession... or... this is what happens when I am out of books to read !..

I thought I would try to do a computer piece of art of Andy.. I always start with a rough sketch that is actually a traced outline, so that I get the right size and shape.


Then I "colorize" it and begin shading...



I almost stopped working on this because it took a few days and no matter what I did, it just didn't seem to be coming together for me. But I kept going. I little at a time with more time NOT working on it then working on it, when it finally came to a point that I started doing really small stuff.. like darkening and contrast..



After 4 days on and off... this is what I think is the final.....



It's very odd... it looks "ok" on my monitor but when I go to print the picture it seems to make the face shorter and fatter then it is. After three attemps to print it (even stretching it some) I gave up.. I'll just keep it in a folder.

It is also strange that sometimes when I try to do something like this it works for me.. and many times no matter what I do it just doesn't work... I guess art lessons would have helped.. ah well.. this one isn't as good as I'd like it to be..but all things considered.... for an old fart with one semi-blurry eye, I guess it's ok.

'Till the next time...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

you should send him one to get it autographed if possible....

Or you could send it to me and i'll sign it and send it back to you.

No?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

I think it looks awesome. and I agree with Kiyotoe - send it off to get autographed. Andy might really like it.

12:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kiyotoe and Karmyn.. there is a problem with that thought.. for some reason it prints shorter and fatter then it appears so that changes the look (even when I tried to stretch it) and to be honest, if I can get his signature one more time it will be on my hardback copy of Inkheart that he will be in next March!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Hootin' Anni said...

Oh but, wow!!! That's all I can say!!! I think you did terrifically.

(for some reason, the comments won't take my 'blogger login' ---so, I had to resort to using 'other'.

Hmmmmmmm

5:08 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you may have to adjust how it fits on your paper...

Look at your fit to print scale or something like that.

Just thinking - I really don't know what I"m talking about


great computer art, tho

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home