My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Good Mail

Glory be! Another good mail day!

Yesterday it was flowers for mothers day and later in the day I received the book I had won from Chris!... (Mirrormask) and today most of my book order from Amazon came! Wooo hooo!

The books that came today are: The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly, Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (both considered Fantasy reading)

.. and lastly is another favorite subject of mine, the original astronauts,... A book called Moondust/ In Search Of The Men Who Fell to Earth.

If you like reading about the early astronauts this book looks like it will be a good one!

"Journalist Smith sets out to find these men and discover how that experience changed their lives."

Meanwhile,... I woke this morning to the "booming" of a lightening and thunderstorm. It was a rude awakening to say the least.. and a 6 am! sheesh. But that cleared away to a partly sunny day, however, humid. I'm not sure what happened to Spring. I don't think we had but a few spring like days so far this year, and it's feeling like we are jumping right into summer.

It seems each year since Florida had all those hurricanes and New Orleans was flooded, that the weather everywhere is continuing to be more drastic. The Tornadoes are worse, the storms are heavier and much more destructive, and even "fire season" seems worse... or is it just me that feels this way?

More homes are eaten up by floods or tornadoes and more people having to "start over"... I'm beginning to feel like it's just a matter of time until something hazardous hits everyone. It's not a happy feeling to live with.

Ok..so .. my brother just had me order pizza for dinner tonight. (see me smile!) This means I don't have to cook!! Yes, we like pizza for more then just the tomato sauce!! And on that happy note... I bid you farewell for now...

...'till next time...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Quixotic said...

Ooh, great mail swag! I loved The Book of Lost Things, it's an excellent read. Hope you enjoy it.

I used to love thunderstorms, well, I still do, but we don't tend to get the awful hugely destructive ones over here, at least not so far. We haven't had any yet this year, but I do wonder if they will be worse than in previous years when they do come.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Skittles said...

Yummmm PIZZA!

6:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

quixotic: I hope they aren't bad when you get them. I really haven't seen or heard of such bad weather before...everyday seems to have a different area having floods or tornadoes ..all worse then past years.

hi skittles.. pizza was good!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oooh, great books. I've been wanting to read The Book of Lost Things. Tell me how it is. I'm reading the second Fablehaven book right now and I think I'm liking it even better than the first. Such a fun series.

The weather's actually been somewhat tame this year so far here in New Orleans. Hoping it stays that way. Kind of scary with the way the weather's been lately in other parts of the country though.

We had pizza tonight too :D I love to pig out on pizza every now and then..

9:49 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I looooove getting books in the mail. I ordered the new Charlaine Harris and it should be here in a few days. The cover on that Fablehaven book is very cool looking.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home