My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

...Of Turtles and Books

In case you like to follow Myrtle, and haven't discovered her personal blog , here are the two latest installments.

I love Patches.. Patches is Helen's dog. She posts photo's every so often of her and she is so animated that I asked permission to use her.. obviously Helen said yes! (thanks again Helen!)




I finally had some good news from Amazon.com.! Sheesh, lately I've had some problems with them, but they seem to FINALLY be coming together again. Two months ago I ordered 6 books (2 trilogies) of Dragonlance series in Hard Back. I am replacing my paperbacks, where and when I can due to my eye never really clearing back up..I found hard back books easier for me to read. (and yes, more expensive!) Anyway,.. I ordered them.. and of the 6 books.. 5 appeared at my door. The third had said 1-3 weeks for delivery.. ok, I can live with that. 9 weeks have gone by, (not a happy camper) when finally I see on the web site that the book in question is being prepared for shipping! Glory Be!!!!! I was even searching anywhere I could to find this last book. I didn't want 5 new ones and the last one to be a beat up used book. Not that I have anything against used books! Heck no! I get those when I can too! I'm not in a position to always have nice new books.

So.. I am kinda happy right now! I was really thinking I was going to get stuck with only 5 of the 6.. and the books run in order so having 5 would mean you don't getto read the ending! duh. These are some of my favorites by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I love the characters from these books or I wouldn't have bothered to replace them... once I finish a few new books I have here I am going to get into re-reading my favorites again.. I enjoy going back and knowing all those characters can come alive for me over and over.

There are a number of other books I need desperately to replace. My paperbacks are so old they are turning brown. I realize most of the ones I need (IF they ever were in hard back) will be used.. many are even way out of any range of money I can afford!

It surprises me no end how expensive some of them are when you consider that Fantasy Fiction is so called not the most popular of books, and that the authors of these books are still alive and writing. It's not like there's no way you won't get more of their books. So.. what makes them so expensive??? If you know, let ME know!

Well.. I have to put a match under my butt and get moving. My brother and David are having company later. That means I have work to do!

Have a good weekend !

...'till next time....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I'm glad you'll finally get the book, Deslily...having the whole set will be great...and having the ending is most important. Have a great weekend. :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

I am surprised you've had problems with Amazon. I've always found them efficient and easy to work with. Before I buy a new book, I usually check Amazon to see if there is a used volume available...hopefully ridiculously cheap.

11:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thanks Lee! I'm happy too haha.

Sometimes I find (if its on sale) that buying new can come as cheap as buying used and having to pay shipping... I do check though!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I just bought two martial arts books from Amazon and was happy with how quickly I got my order. But 9 weeks is way too long. I would have been all over them:)

Have a Great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home