My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Don'tcha Love When the Mailman Rings the Doorbell?!

Hmmm, just imagine how surprised I was when this package arrived today... (minus the teddy bears)

Then imagine how surprised I was to see it appear on my charge account.. heh.

(ok,ok.. so it wasn't a surprise!)

So... they are in the pile to be read......

At the moment, I just finished reading The Rover by Mel Odom.

Hardcover: 416 pages

  • Publisher: Tor Books; 1st ed edition (August 18, 2001)
  • ISBN-10: 0312878826

  • I plan to begin book 2 The Destruction of Books. today.

    Hardcover: 384 pages

  • Publisher: Tor Books (July 1, 2004)
  • ISBN-10: 0765307235

  • In book one, little Wick, who is a halfling (sorta like a hobbit but no fuzzy feet) unexpectedly goes from being a Third Level Librarian in the Vault of All Known Knowledge, to being shanghaied by pirates, gets captured and sold as a slave, and is purchased by a group of thieves! Hello? Can we say he is no longer living a "dull life"?!

    Along the way Little Wick manages to meet many characters that he thought no longer existed except in the books he read.

    The book is very enjoyable and I'm ready to see what's next for the little Librarian!

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Chris said...

    Oooh, I see one of my favorite books in the whole wide world in that pile of newly acquired books up there ;) Hope you enjoy! Magic awaits :D

    10:37 AM  
    Blogger Stephanie said...

    Getting a package is always nice. Getting books is even better!! Stardust is just SO GOOD! I can't wait to read your review!

    12:22 PM  
    Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

    ENJOY, ENJOY, Pat...!
    And thanks so much for the sweet Birthday wishes....! I can hardly believe a whole year has gone by, myself! Where did it go?
    Oh well...not going to worry about that one, today! (lol)

    1:12 PM  
    Blogger Carl V. said...

    That was a great package!!! I found a little blue poppet and some really cool sci-fi/fantasy 'zines that I had ordered on my doorstep yesterday. It was quite a thrill!

    1:19 PM  
    Blogger DesLily said...

    yeah yeah Chris lol I knew you'd spot that! haha

    Hi Steph: I don't do "reviews" really..but I do at least say if I like it or not. lol.. I'm not a "skilled" person who should say what someone else may or may not enjoy.

    Carl: Ohhhhhhhhhh MORE POPPETS! You Rat! LOL..

    2:08 PM  
    Blogger Dark Orpheus said...

    I love it that one of the teddy is just kinda stroking the cover of "An Unexpected Apprentice" - so sweet!

    10:07 AM  
    Blogger Hootin'Anni said...

    Oh I love this entry from yesterday!! As I love to read...I also love to 'hear' what others think of a book just read!

    Enjoy the ones you rec'd too!!

    11:12 AM  
    Blogger DesLily said...

    Hi Orpheus.. I couldn't get the head to hang on the other one so it looked like it was reading the title.. but I tried lol

    Hootin'anni: if you love to read you should check out Stainless Steel Droppings at : http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/
    besides his own blog he has links to many to love to read and write "reviews".. lots and lots of them!!!

    4:15 PM  
    Blogger Lee said...

    It is great to receive parcels, even if we have to pay for them ourselves! :)

    I'm waiting on two CD's to be delivered, from Amazon..."Bruce Springsteen, Live In Dublin" and Lucinda Williams' last release, the name presently has slipped my mind.

    12:22 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home