My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Drum Roll, Please....

Goodness, gracious.. look at this will you!?!

Melli. over at Insanity Prevails has given me an Award!

"Rockin' Girl?".. she must have known me in my youth!


Wow, I've never gotten an Award before! Thank you Melli ! I'm just glad you enjoy my blog enough to come back !

According to the Rules of the Award, I'm to pass the Award on to 5 other "girls", who's blogs I read and enjoy. (Sorry guys) And they, in turn, pass it on to 5 girls blogs that they enjoyWell, I have more then 5 that's for sure! And obviously, they are ALL Favorites, or I wouldn't keep returning to read them... So, I will try to spread them around and just choose more by how different each blog is rather then "favorites"... In no particular order here are 5 "girl bloggers" that I read .

Lee's Kitchen Connection: Lee has the best memory of anyone I've ever met! She tells these fabulous stories of her life... and likes to leave you with a "cliff hanger" so that you can't wait for her next "episode"!

Helen at My Everyday Life: Helen stays true to the name of her journal and writes about her everyday life, with her hubby Ken and their trials and tribulations of everyday life. She takes excellent photo's to adorn her journal and the comic relief is he little doggie Patches. (who I am going to steal one day!)

SQT's blog Fantasy & Sci FiLovin' Blog: SQT keeps a blog all about Fantasy and Sci Fi.. be it books, movies, comics, or television. Well, anyone who knows me knows that I love Fantasy and love sci fi movies so it would be hard for me not to enjoy this blog! And her comments get to be full blown discussions along the way.

Astaryth of Adventures of an Eclectic Mind: has been a journal I've read since near the beginning of my own blog. She posts some of the best animal photo's around. Lately she moved and had computer problems and staying on Internet woes, but she seems to have control once again, so I suspect she'll be posting more often again.

For number 5 I am doing a "twofer".. Elipsis and Outpost Mavarin both were already "pro's" at journals when I came along and found them over on AOL. They both migrated to Blogspot where they continue great blogs.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well congrats Pat! And look at you on the drums...beautiful pic :) Is there anything you haven't done? I used to play guitar in a band...I played the saxophone in high school too...what d'ya say we start a blogger band ;)

3:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

LOL Chris!..I bet you can still play the Sax.. I was 16-20 when I played drums.. 63 now.. do the math! I don't think I could do it now lol lol.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Congrats! It couldn't have happened to a more hip, rock'n'roll chick!

5:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jeff: maybe once upon a time lol.. the very last "new song" I learned to play before leaving the band to get married was: Under The Boardwalk by the Drifters..not everyone will know that song LOL

7:31 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hey! Congratulations, Deslily! And you deserve it...keep rockin' girl! ;)

And thanks for mentioning my blog...that is very nice of you to do so. :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Hey, congrats!!! Love the drumming gif! :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Wow, thanks Deslily. I will have to ponder my nominations.

2:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Lee.. well it's a great journal!

Thanks Carl.. that's what i looked like at 17!! (birth cert. etched out in stone!)

SQT: You know i love your blog!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home