My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Think I am Stowed Aboard the Indigo Dragon!

For those who may or may not remember.. a while back on one of my posts I was surprised by a comment by who may have been, the author of Here There Be Dragons, Mr. James A Owen.

Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (September 26, 2006)
ISBN-10: 1416912274

When that happened I discussed the possibility of if it was or wasn't Mr. Owen. In the end I pretty much thought it was because my site meter on blogspot indicated the comment came from Arizona, where Mr. Owen lives.

Today I woke to another comment from Mr. Owen (although he left it at my wordpress blog... which is merely another backup of this very same blog). I smiled as I read:


James A. Owen heretherebedragons.net

It was me. If there’s any doubt, email me, pick a chapter number from book two, and I’ll tell you the title.

Jun 14, 2:49 AM — [ Edit Delete Unapprove Approve Spam ] — The Wonder of it All


His new book can be preordered on Amazon for those interested.

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (January 1, 2008)
ISBN-10: 1416948503


(James A Owen)

It did include an email address which I took out of this post, just to protect his privacy, and I did email him. I did not ask for a name of a chapter though. I just thought it was awfully nice of him to leave yet another comment. And it does reinforce that, indeed, the past comment was from the author.

Did I mention that he also did the illustrations for his book? In case I missed that fact, he did ! With Mr. Owens Permission to post his artwork, here are two from Here There Be Dragons..


.... and this next one being a favorite, seeing as I like dragons so much...

... and on yet another note about Mr Owen, for those who read comics, may be interested to hear this: James has written and illustrated two dozen Starchild comics, this and other information on the author can be found on Wikipedia .. just click this link.

Before ending this I did Google for images of his Starchild comics and came up with these:

Ok.. I think that's it folks! I don't think I know anything else about Mr. James A Owen, except to say Thanks so much for your kind visit Mr. Owen and I'm looking forward to your next book!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

That's exciting. I wonder how he found it.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous mutualaide said...

"I'm going to say "thanks" too because although you always, each and every post, hold my interest, it's just kind of fun to have a celebrity stop by too!"

5:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jeff: I would have asked him but I didn't want to bother him with to long an email.. I did ask permission to use his artwork though. (and he said yes)

Mutualaide: yes, it is nice to have someone so talented stop by!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Well how LEOVELY is that, Pat....That is so very nice and it's great he gave you permission to show us those illustrations....Complex, arent' they...? Wonderfully rendered.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Those illustrations are great! I think I'm going to have to pick up this series. It's always fun when authors stop by. One of the fun things about keeping a book blog :) My only author has been Brandon Mull and he was a very nice guy. I'd like to know what the author's think of all this book blogger vs. book critic debate!

6:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi: Yes, he's quite an artist! and it was super nice of him to give permission. Had I not heard from him I either wouldn't have shown them.. or would have linked them to his site and hoped that would be ok. I hate "not" showing artwork in the books I read.

Chris: I know you like Fantasy, and I'm fairly sure you like myth and some history too.. his books would be right up your alley! Only 1 out right now..but January will be here before we know it along with book 2 lol.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

What wonderful illustrations, Deslily and what a thrill it is for you to have heard from the author!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

It is always cool to hear from an author, via blog or email. As I said in the previous post (I think) I bought this book as soon as it came out simply because it was such a beautiful book, knowing I didn't have time to read it right away. I look forward to getting to it.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Asara said...

Oooh, that is so cool! :) Next thing you know, Andy Serkis will stop by!

12:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lee: well.. it did make me smile!

Carl: I have no doubt that you would enjoy these books..

Asara:.. I nearly spit soda up my nose from your comment! LOL LOL Andy is such a hardworking, talented, and nice man.. he can visit anytime!!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home