My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm Glad He Became an Actor...


I just watched Mr Holland's Opus on television, probably for the umpteenth time.


Cried again.. for probably the umpteenth time.



Who'd have thought that the same young (then 26 yr old) Richard Dreyfuss ,from American Graffiti , Would grow up to make such a heartfelt movie.


It's a tearjerker, but at the same time.... there's really a good feeling that comes over you to think that dreams can come true at any age.


That a person is never to old for something so wonderful to happen for you. I'll admit, the feeling doesn't last too long.. but it's a great cry when it comes !


(who can forget Richard Dreyfuss' performance in Close Encounters of the Third Kind?.. I didn't cry with this one.. but it was a feel good movie)


I'm not going anywhere in particular with this post, I guess ... just for a moment.. a movie like that makes you feel.... hopeful.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

That is a good movie. I like Dreyfuss...I've always thought him a good actor.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Asara said...

Oh, I bawl every time I see that movie too.. especially when he's singing to his son.. I can't take it! *sniffle*

8:35 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Richard is an old old friend....He came into Theatre West as a kid, literally---18 years old...full of piss and vinegar and so much talent it was bursting out of him...And what a career he has had! "Mr. Holland" was a great character and he was truly wonderful in that film, but truthfully, I've never seen him be really bad....have you?
I think my favorite performance of his was "Goodbye Girl"....so brave and daring--this is an actor who is NOT afraid of looking silly, RE: Richard III scene---so funny, cute, lovable, and touching, too....who would have thought this cute little 'Character Actor' type, would have become a fabulous leading man....! Another very memorable performance to me was "Wo's Life Is It Anyway?"...A film that was not popular at the Box office, (From the play of the same name..) But a Performance by Rick, that should have had an Academy Award, in my opinion.

11:03 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

That should read "WHO'S LIFE...."! The finger slips as I type

11:05 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lee: he's one of those disappearing actors.. the ones that "become" the characters to the point you really do believe them.

Asara: oh yeah lol.. that scene and of course the scene where he's asked to conduct the orchestra playing his own music.

Naomi: ummm maybe Richard would rather you didn't use so many "olds" in your description LOL. He's still a handsome man and of course one helleva actor! He's certainly one I wish I had an autographed photo of!.. not many actors like him left anymore.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Mr. Holland's Opus is a great film. I can understand the tears, it does cause one to well up, especially at the end.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Asara said...

Oh definitely that scene too! How amazing it must be to have a dream realized like that, with so many people involved that he had known and loved in his career.. so profound!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

I first remember him in the "Goodbye Girl" also. Was he not in Jaws?

4:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: oh yeah lol.. happy tears that his dream came true to hear his own music.

Asara: we're soft touches lol

Jeff: oh yes.. he was in Jaws!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home