My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Men in the Red Trucks

I heard sirens...

Not unusual around here.. but then...instead of going past my street.. they came on my street!

My first view out my side window... this one wasn't actually on my street.

But the one below sure was! I went out to find 3 fire engines and two police cars, but didn't see any reason they were all there.

Come to find out my neighbor a few houses down, Jeff, had called the police because some ruckus was going on. Jeff's son-in-law happened by at this time to pick up his kids from Jeff and Cheryl... he thought he smelled smoke. By then the police were there and smelled something too so they called the fire department.

The end result was better then it might have been. It seems the people who live next to Jeff, their hot water heater is on wood and began to smoke. The fire department made sure all was well before they left. They must have been out there 45 minutes in all.

I took a picture of one fireman talking to Jeff. (who I adore.. couldn't ask for a better or nicer neighbor then Jeff and his wife)

My other neighbor Christina came out to see what was going on.. the firemen were relieved not to have to "work".. when he saw Christina he joked, "I'd rather have my picture taken with HER!" .. I "arranged" the photo session LOL..

He laughed and asked if he could have the picture for the firehouse... I came upstairs and printed it off and went back and gave it to him... he was a happy camper all around.. pretty lady and no work!

It's scary in these old homes so close together when one thinks of a fire.. if one got started it would never be "just one house".. these men know just what it is they may face each time they leave the firehouse... I'm glad this time they got to smile instead of work.

...'till next time...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

Well, you managed to make something that could be bad into something quite charming. Very nice!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank God it was nothing serious! You seem to have had your fair share of sirens lately, huh?

By the way...read the prologue and Chapter 1 yesterday and I'm hooked! I'll continue on as soon as I'm done these 2 challenges which should be in the next couple of days ;)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

yeah, I'd rather have my picture taken with Christina, too. You know, I looked at those pictures of your block and what a cool neighborhood you live in. Charming. It made me think it would be interesting to prod people to choose one day in the next couple months for everyone to post some pictures of their living environments.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous julie said...

Wow! Glad to hear that it turned out to be nothing. And glad to hear your emergency services folks apparently respond quickly!

11:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jeff: we got lucky!

Chris: yeah no kidding.. more colored lights then I care to see.
(if you're hooked you're a pushover! lol)

Stewart: yes, Christina is pretty.. and tiny! Hard to believe she's the mother of 2. The fireman didn't seem to care haha.
This area is far from "charming"! But that doesn't mean your idea isn't a good one.

Julie: fersure! The firemen were all super nice.. and relieved that it wasn't something more.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

All's well, that ends well. Glad it was nothing serious, Deslily. Good pics. :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

what kind of fire fighters do we have up there in Jersey? So busy flirting, there has to be a fire somewhere that needs his attention.

8:39 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

My goodness, she is tiny. I'm just shy of 5'10" so people like that make me feel like an amazon.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

So glad everyone was alright! A couple of years ago, on my wife's birthday, the neighbors called the fire department on us. I was outside grilling and, from where they were standing, the could see the flames of the burning charcoal reflected in the basement window and they thought our house was ablaze. They felt really bad, which was silly because I was so grateful to find out they were that good of neighbors. We all had a huge laugh out of it, the fire engine, police, and ambulance all showed up. It was great!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lee:even the thought of fire scares the doo doo outta me! so I was as relieved (if not more) then they were!

Kiyotoe: as many times as they put their lives out there for others... I'm all for them having a mini break lol

sqt: yes she is short lol.. makes me feel like a horse when I'm near her lol.. but she's sweet and it's hard to hold a grudge LOL

carl: nice to know you have neighbors who help watch out! We need more of them!I hope you offered them something from the grill! lol

9:18 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Hey, Deslily, I left you a comment on Chris' Happily Ever After post that you might want to read. ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Thankg God it wassn't anything more serious...! That is funny that he wanted his picture taken with Christina...Ahhhhhh Men! (lol)
Happy that it all turned out well, Pat.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeeze....the things you and Christina will do to meet men (ha ha)

Glad everything was ok!

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

2:49 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Cool

I'm glad they got to smile too, and not have to work. Its good thing that someone called when they did I bet.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home