My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

When it Storms... grab a book..

Here in New Jersey we had quite the lightening show last night! The house shook a number of times, which didn't exactly lull me to sleep!

I'm glad to report that no trees came down around us here.. but a number of them came down in other areas. We also lucked in still having electricity...

All this and we are due for a second round of storms due to go through this afternoon.. (while we remain in a "flash flood" watch) so I thought I'd do a quick post before I have to shut down and unplug the machine..again.

I can't even imagine being in the Texas areas right now with all the flooding going on there! (very grateful I am not!)

It sure seems to me that every single time a "change is weather" is coming, it's followed with DISASTER. It used to be only a disaster if it was something like a Hurricane, or a Tornado, or an Earthquake... but for the past 2-3 years, almost as much damage happens when a "front" moves across your area.

It makes me wonder how I have lived for 63 years and although the occasional storm became dangerous, not every single time they predict rain did this happen.

Every time rain is on it's way, the news follows it with: High winds, flooding could occur, and possible hail. I'm afraid to think about what the next few years will bring.

Anyway....

I left my book open on my bed while I answered the phone... when I turned around I noticed Winkey had gotten on the bed and was taking interest in my book.... I grabbed the camera as she took this sudden interest.


.... 'till next time....

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ha! That's great! A cat that reads...only you would have one of those ;)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the picture of the cat!! It's been raining in Illinois too! I'm hoping for T-Storms tonight. I sleep so much better!

8:46 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

These are such adorable pictures....And I love Winky's comments....LOL!
Really sweet, Pat.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Ah!!!! Those are hilarious! Love your thought balloons as well...unless of course your cat was actually saying that. Don't want to deny her credit for her own words!

It has been raining here for four days now. But it has been a fairly light, steady rain and we need it so I am not complaining. Flood rains, not good.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Dark Orpheus said...

It's settled - cats are more evolved than we think. Thanks for posting this.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm glad you are GETTING rain! WE seem to be living under a big glass dome! It rains south of us and north of us, but never EVER on us! We are in such a drought right now and I just pray God would send us SOME of Texas rain!!! SOME day they're going to figure out a way to catch it, ship it, and SHARE it! LOL! (that would be something... huh?)

LOVE the kitty pics! He does seem to be enjoying that story - almost as much as his mama!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Darla D said...

Next thing you know, he'll be hiding away someplace (you know, in that other dimension that cats disappear to where you can't find them till they're good and ready to come out). And you'll be wondering where he - and your book - is!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home