My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

# 26

Anyone ever see the mini series Dinotopia when it was on television? It aired back in 2002, but it's been on a few times since then.

Well.. way back when (sounds like Once Upon a Time huh?!) the show was on television, they had a web site. On the site they had some contest going... I forget the big prize but MANY little prizes were awarded... and guess who received one of those little prizes?! (you didn't think I'd win something big did you? pshawww!)

Heh.. it was a tiny stuffed dinosaur in his plastic eggshell.. his name is #26. I'm happy to report that after these past few years, he hasn't eaten very little, and so he hasn't grown...

#26 got loose the other day (the little rascal!)....... and went right to the book pile!

He seems interested in Gene Wolfe's The Knight ! I wonder if he even knows what a Knight is??? Maybe he thinks the dragon is a relative????

I wonder if he's telling me that I should read that next?.. well.. no.. I think I know what book is next, and I know that I'm saving Neil Gaiman's Stardust to take with me to Florida... it's a paperback and lighter to carry then my other books. (no fool here since I have to lift the luggage above my head to store it on the plane..hardback books stay home!)

Anyway... I managed to get #26 safely back into his "plastic egg shell". Now hopefully, I don't have to go around and check to see if he left me any little "surprises"!


..... 'till next time....

5 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

#26 is perfect! He sure is cute, and the best partt, he is easy to take care of! I love hat he is checking out your books! (lol)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is the cutest little thing! I want those books! I'm going to get them one of these days...did you get The Knight too?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Duh, I mean did you get The Wizard too?

12:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: lol, yes I like an animal that is easy maintenance!

Chris: yes I sent for both books, but both are "used" and mailed separate.. waiting for the arrival of the Wizard as we speak! (got the hardbacks for 7.00 each!

1:00 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

You'll have to tell us what you think of the "The Knight." I've looked at it but never picked it up.

And what can I say, #26 is adorable.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home