My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

All... or Nothing at all

Well sheesh!..

Over the past 3 weeks I ordered some books.

Some were used by different sellers.

and some from Amazon.com

I totally expected to receive them on separate days, since I ordered them days, and even weeks between each other.

I am not the most patient "waiter" of something I order... but I waited. Today I found this on my doorstep ! All or nothing at all!

I smiled alot.. but I would have smiled 3 times instead of once had them come on different days! Still.... it didn't take me long to tear into them and make sure they all arrived in good condition. The Amazon ones always do.. but when I order used books I always wonder if they will be "as described". So naturally, I opened those first!

I'm happy to say.. everything arrived in good shape in in good condition!

Here's a photo of the horde!

Two of the used Hard back books are "replacements" for older paperbacks.. Those would be both the David Eddings books of Polgara the Sorceress and Belgarath the Sorcerer. (he's one of those sorcerer's that I fell in love with.. along with Gandalf of course) Would you believe I only paid 3.99 for Polgara and 2.49 for Belgarath!!.. couldn't ask for a better deal! Oh.. well, FREE.. but you know.. cheap is good!

The Gene Wolfe book is used also but "new" condition! (7.00) Now I finally have both of his books to read. I did real good on the used books!!!

The New books are Dragons of the Highlord Skies, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (second of a trilogy) and the 4th installment of Mel Odom's Rover series, The Quest for a Trilogy.

I think it's safe for me to not order books for a while..heh. Though I do still have the Harry Potter book preordered and it will appear this month also. August should be a "no buy" month. (should be) It won't be until September that the last of the Leven Thumps books gets released.

The only thing I don't get is.... why does my amazon wish list keep getting longer?!!!

So... now I can go to Florida next week and go to the bookstore with my grandson and walk out with ONLY books for HIM!! whew... maybe my visit will be cheaper than I expected!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweet!! Isn't it great to get things in the mail? My copy of Saturn Returns came in the mail yesterday. This is the book I won...and it was signed!! I was pretty stoked about that!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Oh my, there is nothing like getting a big box of books from Amazon! :) Happy reading darlin.

Always, Carly

6:18 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

SWEEEEEEEET! You will be a happy reader for ... a few days anyway! LOL! I bet you do NOT walk out of the Florida book store with ONLY books for the boy though! I'd put MONEY on it!!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

Harry will be on your doorstep Saturday. (as will mine)
*happy dance*

12:23 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Stephanie: yeah it is lol, especially when you get a lot for a small amount of money!

Hey Carly: I only wish I had bought stock in amazon!! lol

Melli: well, gee.. thanks for the vote of confidence! lol.. maybe a magazine but doubtful a book since they would be full price and heavy to add to the one carry on luggage I bring with me! lol

sqt: I did media mail with amazon (ordered 2 harry potter books, one for my brother) used the media mail for no postage so mine may take a few days, but that's ok I will be in florida anyway!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like my kind of mail day ;) I'm so excited about the Harry Potter book! Me and Megan are going to one of the Midnight parties here in Texas. Can't wait!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home