My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Great Surprise!

Ohhh.. I have been given a wonnnnnderrrrful gift!! It came in the mail yesterday, and was I ever surprised! Chris sent me (are you ready?) ....

A POPPET!!! (made by: Lisa Snellings-Clark)

My first Poppet !! I am so excited !..

So, of course now that he's arrived at his new home, I had to think of a name....

A few names came to mind. Ohhh, like "Precious" (my precious, my precious!) but then I thought of how and why Chris sent me this wonderful gift, which was because I let him (more like begged him) read a story I had written. A Trilogy, Kesterwood Forest/ Kesterwood's Children/ The Heart of Kesterwood. Anyway, since I always want this poppet to remind me of Chris and why he sent the poppet to me, I decided to name him "Kester". (duh.)

So.. now... you get to meet: Kester! Wave hello to everyone Kester...



After I finished holding and giggling at the site of him, Kester was off to explore his new home...

He found books... (big surprise huh?)



...and a possible playmate...



He showed no fear for the book dragons...



The fact is, he was a brave little fellow!.. but then he found this...!



Kester tiptoed away from the beast finding all sorts of hiding places along the way.

Before he retired for the night he did come across one more fellow... and I think he was impressed!



...then again.. maybe not!

So, there you have it. You've officially met Kester! You will see him now and again in my photo's, most likely books..but you never know where he might pop-pet up again!

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ha! Looks like he found the perfect home! And he's doing perfectly poppet things already. I hope Lisa Snellings-Clark stumbles across this post. I think she would love it! It's the first time I've seen a poppet wave!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh! And something you may enjoy, Bookfool has an entire blog dedicated to her 3 poppets' adventures: http://bookfoolspoppet.blogspot.com/

4:45 PM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

This post put a huge smile on my face. Kester is too cute :D

4:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: yes yes, he's happily finding his way around lol.. i'll check out the link!

nymeth: made me smile too! lol

5:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, that's so cute!

6:44 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

The waving Poppet is adorable, but when I saw your Poppet turn away with "whatever" I laughed out loud.

I'm noticing more people are naming their Poppets. I like that too.

Thanks!

11:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lisa: ohhh, even as a kid all my stuffed animals had names! Now all my "book dragons" have names, so I couldn't let my poppet go unnamed! (so glad he made you laugh! they sure can be little stinkers can't they?! hehe)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

congrats on Kester, he's adorable :-)

2:32 PM  
Blogger InkyOrchid said...

Looks like Kester is settling in easily. Love his little adventure!

10:06 AM  
Blogger K said...

This is so cool!

I like the way that even the huge-beast picture has a subtle reference to books. (He looks like a nice fluffy beast, anyway.)

11:11 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Janet, inkyorchid & k: thanks for coming by! Kester is just the cutest dang thing lol.. I hope I can come up with more another time!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'm so thrilled, I've been wanting you to join the Poppet parent club for a long time. Hooray!!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home