My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 10, 2007

20 Years Ago..

Twenty years ago I attended a Trek Convention in Denver Colorado..

TWENTY YEARS AGO! ( I was but a child in my early 40's!!! Agggghhhh!)

Recently I came across some photo's from that convention. As you can guess I was there because DeForest was there.. but I've shown so many photo's of De that I thought just this once I'd show someone else's photo. (ah yes, miracles do happen!)

Sharing the stage with De (but not at the same time) was a wonderful actor who became known as Captain Picard, Mr. Patrick Stewart.

Now, as I looked at the photo's I had taken of Patrick I began to get angry.

(This is when you ask, "why?")

Well, I'll tell you why... Men! In this case, Patrick.

Ever notice how men don't seem to age as badly as women do? It's not something I think about day and night, but as I looked as Patricks photo's FROM 20 YEARS AGO I couldn't help but notice that this marvelous actor REFUSES TO AGE! (grrrrrrr)

Below are some photo's I took of him..20 YEARS AGO.


After I scanned these, I went on the web to see if I could find a more recent photo of Patrick. Though there were numerous pictures, few were "dated" so that Icould be sure to show a contrast... or rather a lack of contrast! (humbug!)

I finally found this photo of Patrick and another actor I just love, love, love.. Ian McKellan.. it was taken in 2006...


Please take note: Patrick looks the same as 20 years ago!

Now, I adore Patrick. I would be beyond thrilled if I could ever have the privilege of seeing him on stage!... but... he really ticks me off! He has some nerve looking this good 20 years later, when I look as if I have aged 40 years!

It's not fair !!

This coming March there is going to be a Trek Convention near me.. wanna guess who will be the main guest? Yep! Patrick! I am thinking seriously of going to this convention, in high hopes that I will actually see a wrinkle on his face! Well, ok... maybe I'm going more in hopes someone will ask him to share with the fans a little tidbit of him as Scrooge... for there's nothing finer than to hear Patrick use his theatrical voice!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You're so right on! Patrick Stewart seems to never age! He's looked the same age since he starred as Captain Picard. He's always been one of my favorite actors and always will be! I'd love to get the chance to meet him. Have you seen the X-Men movies with him and Ian McKellan? They're great!

9:59 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: Oh yeah! I love the X Men movies! As much as I like Patrick, Ian can do no wrong! (he's my personal Abbercorn!! haha)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Patrick Stewart is SUCH a good actor but I adore Ian McKellan in everything I've ever seen him in. He makes a good, good guy and he makes a wonderful bad guy too!

1:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: ah yes, I am in full agreement! I've never seen anything Ian McKellan has done that I didn't like!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Star Trek has been a part of my life since I was 16 and it's still lovely to be reading posts about the actors that have been in it. I was looking at Patrick on Top Gear (show about cars) last year (I think it was) and was thinking exactly what you said, that he hasn't changed a bit since he started playing Jean Luc Picard. He seems to be doing a lot of stage work here in the UK at the moment and I would give my right arm to see him in something.

5:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: Patrick will be doing a play in NY around the time of the convention which is why he will do the con too.. I don't know what play he'll be doing though.. (I sent you and email)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

He will always be my favourite Star Trek captain. I have thought about that aging thing before, though. It is really hard to tell how old he is by looking at him because he still looks the same! Very annoying!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I got your e.mail, Pat, and answered it last night. I'm having some trouble with delivery of e.mails to certain servers - yours is one of them - so if it hasn't arrived let me know. :-)

2:52 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

He has certainly aged well, hasn't he?

By the way, you can post as many pics as you want of the awesome DeForest Kelly. We won't mind!

3:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: MORE than annoying LOL..men get mature, women get wrinkles! aRGH!

Carl: yeah he has.. I still don't know if I can afford the con or not but I'm leaning towards it! Awww, thanks for the mention of De pictures.. i just might have to dig more out lol

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home