My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Arrival

You are about to witness the birth of a Poppet!..

I can tell you it's a boy! And his name will be: Woody!

Woody came wrapped in love and softness. His arrival was quick and not very painful..... (he even came with his first toy! a Jax!)


Gently he began to emerge...

His soft surrounding lovingly peeled away to reveal his inner casing.

Once outside he looks back... For a brief moment he misses his soft and glittery packaging, but it's not to last long...

Quickly Kester comes to greet his new brother! Oh Happy Day, to have a new brother just in time for Christmas!!!

They spent some time getting aquatinted... Kester all in Red and Woody all in Green.. the Christmas spirit was apparent!

Before they head off to find mischief, Woody takes Kester to visit the card from Carl, announcing his birth!..

"Look," said Woody, "It snowed on my Birth day!"

The "kids" took off after this photo session.. I'll find them later, I'm not worried.. after all, what sort of trouble can 2 boys get into? (I just hope I have a house left when I find them!)

So.. the truth of the matter is, that dear, dear Carl gave me an Honorable Mention in a photo contest he held and Woody is my prize!! How cool is that?!!

Thank you, Thank you Carl.. you sure had a safe bet sending me a poppet as a prize!!! hahaha.. not that I ever left any hints about liking them mind you..heh. Well.. maybe a little.

I love Woody! I had plans of getting a second Poppet after the Holidays, since buying for myself this month is a no-no . But now I have him and he and Kester are going to be the best of brothers!!

I don't know if you know this (Chris does) that I once wrote a story called Kesterwood... my two poppets are named after the story: Kester and Woody (yeah, yeah, bad pun.. but can you see me grinning?! hehe)

Once again Carl has chosen the perfect "prize".. and I am more than delighted!!! (gosh! I am mother to two sons again!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

I love the picture of them standing looking at the card...it looks like the snow is coming off the card and falling on Woody.

I'm so glad your Poppets have company now and I'm thrilled that you are thrilled with your prize.

8:45 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: yeah, I noticed that right away too.. thought about animating snow on the whole pic but didn't.. thanks to you and Chris I now have 2 sons to celebrate Christmas with! I can see now I'll have to wait for the blue ones to go on sale and add yet another color! lol..

8:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

YAY!!!! I just got my new green poppet in the mail a couple of days ago. He's great isn't he? Carl picked the perfect gift for you :) Isn't the bookmark cool?? As soon as I saw it I immediately replaced my old bookmark with that one. I can just see you getting like me: as bad with poppets as I am with books! I'm up to 11 poppets now :/ 12 if you count the big pink one! Just 10 more to go, Pat ;)

12:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

my Bubba boy: you take after "mama".. you have NO WILLPOWER! hahahahahaha

12:41 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Deslily...I'm soooooo happy for you! And I'm so happy for Woody for having joined his brother and his mama! That Carl sure is something, isn't he?!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: Thanks Deb.. I love Woody! lol.. yep, Carl figured me out lol

4:53 AM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

I didn't know there were green Poppets! Woody is lovely, and he and Kester do look very Christmas-y standing together like that!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home