My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Good Friday

Friday I had 3 surprises! THREE! And none of them are bad!!

1- Today the UPS man deliveredd to me: 3 reading books! (sung to the tune of 12 days of Christmas)

My best friend Annie had sent me a B&N gift card so of course I went directly to the website and spent it! Two of these books were less than 6.00 each, and the third on sale! I put just 6.00 towards the purchase, the rest was my gift from Annie!! (thank you, thank you, thank you Annie!!!)



A number of times I had these on my Amazon wish list, but then something else always came before them.. plus they were never on the kind of sale B&N happen to be having, so this worked out really well indeed! And they are the hardback versions! (my bad eye thanks you again Annie!)

Of course I am in the midst of reading something right now so they will most likely not be read "immediately". (argh! the TBR list grows and grows! )


2- I had another surprise today. More like a shock actually...

I received an email from a lady, named Vicki, who works for Laurie R King! (re: the Mary Russell novels I've been reading and reporting on.. and even reading one as I write this!) I almost didn't open the email since I didn't recognize the name.. thankfully I did! In the email she asked me if I would like to read an ARC copy of a Mary Russell book that Laurie R King is getting ready for release! Hello?! She dare ASK?! Hahaha.. of course I'd read it! So I sent her my address to receive a copy of the book, which is called, Touchstone. I'm not sure how Vicki came across my blog, but I'm glad she did!!


3- And the third thing...

I had a call from the foot doctor......... DA BOOT IS OFF!!!! 10 weeks of that bugger!! But now it's off!! I still have to keep the ace bandage on it for another week or two, and watch for swelling or any pain... but IT'S OFF!!!!

I did walk a tiny bit after it came off.. the foot doesn't hurt, but then I am not using full pressure .. what does hurt is that hip! LOL.. I'm sure it's temporary, from the way I was walking on the boot and crutches but it makes me laugh when I say ouch now lol.. I also walk a bit funny.. feet apart more than normal, I'm sure that's because of the sore hip.. it hurts less that way. But it feels sooooooooooooo good to be able to roll my ankle around again!!!

So.. that was Friday! It's so rare I get to have something to write about that doesn't happen every single day of my life, I wasn't sure what to write! Anyway.. that's my update for now! I hope everyone else had a good Friday (and weekend ) too! I'll leave you with a little animation I did using some small ceramics my brother had made years and years ago..

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad you finally got that damn boot off! You must be the happiest person alive with that thing gone. I am so happy to hear that!! What a pain. Now you don't have to scoot up the stairs with your coffee in the morning!

And that's awesome that you got an ARC of Touchstone! Don't you love it when that happens :) I've gotten 2 ARCs since I started blogging and both times I've gotten so excited! I just felt like the most special person in the world, lol...Well I haven't gotten the second one yet. Still waiting on it: Fablehaven 3! How cool though that you're getting a book from a series that you've been loving so much! It's like a Christmas present from Laurie King!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had an EXCELLENT Friday!! Congrats for getting that boot off. It's about time!

I bought the Stroud books for my brother for Christmas last year. I'm hoping to get them from him so I can read them now. That's why I buy books for him!

12:38 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

You had a great day...!!!
Congrats on that boot coming off, my dear...I KNOW it has to be such a relief....I have had to have a cast on for 8 weeks, so I know that awful feeling of confinement.....
And how lovely to get those books on sale and B&N....AND, to get to read a bok BEFORE it is published. WONDERFUL!
That end sparkle card is charming!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: oh mighty happy the boot is gone..however, (there's always a however) from that, now my hip, knee and ankle are quite painful! I hope this is only until muscles get stretched again. (muscles? LOL at my age it's been flappy skin!)

oh yes! A christmas present from Laurie R King! How neat is that?!! I can't wait for you to get the third Fablehaven so I can find out what its about! lol.. There's the 3rd Fablehaven, a 4th Leven Thumps, a 4th Septimus Heap, and the 3rd Inkeart.. lord how I hate waiting!

Steph: I'd auction off the boot but I'm still paying for it! heh.. Oh cool that you will "eventually" get the Stroud books! hahaha Clever of you to get him books that you can read too! lol

12:59 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Glad you got the boot off!

It sounds funny coming from me because I hate clowns but those are cute!

1:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: well they are more like "mimes" anyway lol.. so they are silent clowns !

4:13 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I've got some YA fiction piling up again if you're up for some more reviews. I have "Foundling" by D.M. Cornish and "The Thirteenth Reality" by James Dashner right now if you want them. And I'm supposed to get "Fablehaven 3" as soon as it's availiable. Let me know.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Wow!!! Great news all around! So happy for you about the removal of the boot! That is awesome news!

More good news, your honorable mention prize came in the mail yesterday and was sent out by me this morning! I'm so excited!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: thanks, I wish i could trash the boot! lol
Hmmm...you do like to torment don't you?!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger cj said...

Congrats on all three things! It really does sound like it was a wonderful day for you and I'm sure getting that boot off was the best! Now, take it easy and get use to walking before you start running!

cjh

7:50 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

That's excellent that the boot is off. A nice little present for Christmas.

And an ARC! Wow. And one of the Mary King series too. Double 'wow'. If that ever happens to me you'll never hear the last of it. LOL!

And the Jonathan Stroud books... excellent buy. I've read the first but not the rest. Nice covers too.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

I've been meaning to read that series by Jonathan Stroud for a while now... it sounds excellent! I look forward to your reviews of them.

And yay for the boot being off!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home