My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 21, 2007

A Good Way to End the Week

Wow! My ARC copy of Laurie R King's new book (not yet released) "Touchstone" came yesterday.. and it's a big book! lol

Hardcover: 560 pages
Publisher: Bantam (December 26, 2007)
ISBN-10: 0553803557

Since I am reading a book at the moment, and then the Holidays are upon us, I don't think I will get to it until that's all over with, but I am excited to get it and can't wait to read it!!

I never thought of mysteries are something I would read, but Laurie's Mary Russell novels I've just loved, so I don't think I will have any troubles with this book. I am most grateful that Vicki found my blog and offered to me! I feel sure I will be telling you all how good it is so that those who love this type of book will want to read it too.

In Other book News I must say I am anxiously awaiting two other releases by other authors..

Dec. 26th will bring out Anne and Todd McCaffrey's Dragon Harper,

and James A Owen's second book The Search For the Red Dragon has just been released!

So as soon as the Dragon Harper is out I will send for both of those books.. I can hardly wait! (I wouldn't have waited for Red Dragon, except.. well, ya'know, I need enough for free shipping. It's a MUST around here to save any penny... so I can order even more books later!)


Yikes!...

As I was writing this post I heard sirens... it sounded like more than normal. My ear tuned to what I generally hear which is: first sirens, followed by the engine honking it's horn so that it might go thru an intersection..... the sirens silenced and I never heard the honking, and I glanced outside..

Goodness! They were across the street!..

... a little closer picture on the, always oh so brave, Firemen

I saw no smoke, but they did have one of the hoses out. I'm not even sure which house had a problem, but as it turned out it wasn't a big problem.. thankfully! I'm just glad that something awful didn't happen and a family wind up without a home for Christmas.. or worse.

As it turns out.. Friday is a good day for the family across the street!!

9 Comments:

Blogger cj said...

Well, it certainly sounds like you have your holiday reading lined up. Enjoy the books.

And it is indeed good that the neighbors were okay. As a person involved in law enforcement, fire fighters are just crazy. I mean, only a crazy person would run into a burning building...

Wonderful crazy they are.

cjh

8:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi cj: yeah.. thank goodness for the "crazy people!!"

9:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have so much more restraint than me! You actually wait until you have 2 books to order! I always just order books until I have $25 worth of books, because you have to have the free shipping of course! But I would've been impatient and just made two orders therefore spending at least $50 on my credit card ;)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Having been married to a firefighter (now retired one) for 31 plus years, I know they are as concerned for the small incidents as much as the large one. (and they prefer the small ones)

2:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: yeah well.. neither one is over 25.00 and things are tight right now so it's not so much restraint as I just can't afford more lol..

Pam: ..I sure don't blame them for prefering the small ones!! They are still an amazing breed of people.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole B. said...

Dragon Harper looks really good, nice choice. ^-^

I'm happy there wasn't a problem for you!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is excellent for the family, but even a close call has got to be scary!

Was this not the same crew that responded a year or two ago? I seem to remember one of them had a crush on a friend or neighbor of yorus or something. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else....hmmmm I'll have to peruse your blog just to see.

Anyway, I hope that you have a great holiday!

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! & Fabulous Festivus;)

Chris

9:05 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Chris: well it is the same firehouse that responded but I didn't talk to anyone, so I don't know who was on duty. It's a 3 family house that they responded to so MANY got lucky that day!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

That is scary. So glad it wasn't even closer! :)

We were out looking at Christmas lights Friday night in a very glamorous neighborhood and all of a sudden eight...I kid you not...eight fire trucks roared by. We hadn't seen anything resembling that big of a fire in that neighborhood and I almost let me curiousity get the best of me to become an ambulance chaser, but we went home instead. Maybe it was just a slow night and the boys needed some action.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home